• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    I started looking at reviews for the Hornady LNL progressive press and it said something about only to be used on jacketed hp or fmj. Hmmm...would this mean frangible won't work in this press? How does anyone else do it?

Zimm?

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I can help a little for now Zimm uses a Dillon 650 to reload here at the shop. I'll send him a link to this and hopefully he can answer a little better.

Lancem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    North of Ft Wayne
    Critter, I think that jacketed bullet line is about using the bullet feeder option, I just loaded 1000 rounds yesterday of cast bullets and my LNL AR clicked right along. No bullet feeder though. Frangibles should work just fine through the feeder though, I think the lube from cast bullets would make a mess of the bullet feeder so they are not allowed.

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Sorry. Sureshot just informed me of your question. I have loaded literally thousands of rounds of frangible through my Dillon 650 press with the automatic bullet feeder. No problems whatsoever. I have never had a shear off or any problems with the frangible bullets with the press.

A side note you should be aware of if you are going to load .380. Dennis over at Precision Cartridge let me know that some brass from Europe has a little lip on the inside of the case. Since the sinterfire frangible bullet is a little longer than regular bullets this causes a shearing problem while loading and also in the feeding of the cartride in an auto loader. Dennis is a member here. If I have misquoted you Dennis please clarify.

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    A side note you should be aware of if you are going to load .380. Dennis over at Precision Cartridge let me know that some brass from Europe has a little lip on the inside of the case. Since the sinterfire frangible bullet is a little longer than regular bullets this causes a shearing problem while loading and also in the feeding of the cartride in an auto loader. Dennis is a member here. If I have misquoted you Dennis please clarify.

Must be what happened to that 380 that sheared on feed on me at your range.

Top Bottom