• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • landon7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    well the title says it all folks. I'd like to get into reloading or loading as a hobby and to save a few bucks but what are the chances the gov will try to out law reloading in the near future?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    South Bend
    I think the chances are very good. It will be part of a three-pronged approach - 1) ban the weapon, 2) ban the ammunition, and 3) ban the independent manufacture of the ammunition. I think that about covers all bases.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :welcome: to the world of reloading. Tell go of your fear of a ban, it's not going to occur. This teapot storm will pass. Remember fear leads to anger, anger leads to the dark side of you owning a GLOCK. :rofl:

What do you plan on reloading for? How much ammo will you be going thru per month? What's your budget for reloading? These are all the next set of questions you need to start looking into. Read the sticky in this channel for an overview and feel free to ask questions. Many experienced reloaders here.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Step back from the ledge and ignore that cackling chicken over there: Reloading is not going away any time soon. The coming efforts will be aimed squarely at large capacity magazines and the firearms designed to accommodate them.

Reloading is here to stay and now is as good a time as any to get started in it.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    386   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Black-market Reloaders?

well the title says it all folks. I'd like to get into reloading or loading as a hobby and to save a few bucks but what are the chances the gov will try to out law reloading in the near future?

^^^With this in mind, do you want to beat the "Rush" and get your reloading stuff before it is outlawed?

Would you think by being proactive that you+your stuff would be "Grandfathered In"??

Are you wanting to stock pile in order to make extra $ as a "Black-market" supplier?

YES--so many questions+SO little TIME????Bill.

SPUTTER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    BEDFORD
    Reloading will be around for a good while, read the sticky and most question will be answered. That is why I joined this site, great people, knowledgeable and willing help no matter what the question.

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    ^^^With this in mind, do you want to beat the "Rush" and get your reloading stuff before it is outlawed?

Would you think by being proactive that you+your stuff would be "Grandfathered In"??

Are you wanting to stock pile in order to make extra $ as a "Black-market" supplier?

YES--so many questions+SO little TIME????Bill.

Are you for real?

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    My thinking on this is a little different, I don't think the will kick your door in to get your stuff, but I do think that they will TAX or Sir Charge everything they can (Like cigerette and tabacco)

45acp223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    SE IN.
    Go for it, reloading will be around. You may run into issues with supplies from time to time. Primers were hard to come by by in the 90's) and folks started hording, just like they are now with store bought ammo. That behavior only drives the prices up for everyone and feeds the frenzy.

Aspirations

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Demotte
    I don't foresee it ever being outlawed, or at least not in our lifetime. I thought the current legislation going around primarily focused on the guns themselves and magazines. Maybe I missed something though.

But I think we'll be alright. I'm a reloader myself and I haven't noticed any changes, I don't expect any either.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I don't foresee it ever being outlawed, or at least not in our lifetime. I thought the current legislation going around primarily focused on the guns themselves and magazines. Maybe I missed something though.

But I think we'll be alright. I'm a reloader myself and I haven't noticed any changes, I don't expect any either.
    AR15 Armory.com
    Ammunition-Control Legislation Introduced in Connecticut General Assembly - Tolland, CT Patch
    View: Don't Control Guns, Control Bullets | Drudge Retort

Top Bottom