• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grux

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    That is correct I put carpet on it. It is cheap composite wood. In fact all the corners were kinda banged up and everything. I could care less though because I knew I was going to carpet it. If it ever falls apart, I will just replace it with plywood.

Again for $85.... not bad (highly suggest L-brackets to the wall. No where near as sturdy without)

Grux

Reel Man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    I have to complement you not only on your reloading, but also on your carpentry. I have been reloading for years and you but me to shame, you have done an outstanding job organizing and building.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Great Storage Containers for Reloading Rooms

I’m fairly new to reloading, but I’m not new to eating great ice cream! Schwans ice cream is my all-time favorite. As a dedicated ice cream consumer, I’ve gathered a sizeable collection of the plastic tubs that the wonderful dessert comes in.

I have found the gallon sized tubs and their lids to be helpful storage for brass and for in-process brass pieces. I label the bucket so I know in what stage they are in. The lids hold the brass I’m working with and keeps the pile together. A lid will easily hold 200 9mm brass casings. Having a low lip makes it easy to reach over and grab the next piece of brass destined for the press.

The ice cream also comes in 1.5 gallon containers that are great for storing the larger quantities of things. I also employ some five gallon buckets for storage, but alas, those didn’t come from Schwans. :(

This pic shows the buckets being used for storage under the reloading bench.
    nn0g05.jpg

This closer picture shows how helpful the gallon buckets and lids are during reloading.

aepq0w.jpg

Last edited:

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    I’m fairly new to reloading, but I’m not new to eating great ice cream! Schwans ice cream is my all-time favorite. As a dedicated ice cream consumer, I’ve gathered a sizeable collection of the plastic tubs that the wonderful dessert comes in.

I have found the gallon sized tubs and their lids to be helpful storage for brass and for in-process brass pieces. I label the bucket so I know in what stage they are in. The lids hold the brass I’m working with and keeps the pile together. A lid will easily hold 200 9mm brass casings. Having a low lip makes it easy to reach over and grab the next piece of brass destined for the press.

The ice cream also comes in 1.5 gallon containers that are great for storing the larger quantities of things. I also employ some five gallon buckets for storage, but alas, those didn’t come from Schwans. :(

This pic shows the buckets being used for storage under the reloading bench.
    nn0g05.jpg

This closer picture shows how helpful the gallon buckets and lids are during reloading.

aepq0w.jpg

had you worded this slightly differently you could have submitted it as a Review :):

I use Folgers containers currently when doing my .223 brass cleaning and depriming.

After I get my area cleaned up and in working order again I'll post my pics as well.

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    Just spent 10 hours cleaning and reorganizing my reloading room. So tired, but worth the time. It's so nice having a clean room.

Anyone have pics of their reloading room? I'd like to see..

2nvfi1z.jpg

10gyc94.jpg

bfm2ig.jpg

I am really happy to see a Disturbed poster on the peg board, thats great taste :rockwoot:

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    What kind of carpet is that you covered everything with, and how did you go about fastening it? It looks really good the way you have everything nice and tight. Bill T.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    337   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Bill -

The carpeting is the inexpensive stuff on the rolls at the back of Home Depot. Its $.49 sq/ft or something like that. I use 3M 'Super 77" spray adhesive to adhere it to the flat areas, then stretch, fold and staple gun it to the underside. Pretty simple, but it gives it a really clean look. I like that.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    I keep one close to mix cocktails after the reloading is done! I love the details on the wall mounts, very nice!

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    My New Version

Since there is a thread already dedicated to the "man cave" I guess I will just add to it rather than create a new one!
    So, here goes!
    Enter only if you qualify!
    Enter.jpg

Storage Shelves:
    StorageArea.jpg

(I think I have enough 45ACP!)
    Computer in the corner:
    Computerinroom-1.jpg

Bench with presses. XL650 on the right, Square Deal B in the middle and a Lee Classic Cast Turret Press on the left: (Notice the manual on the bench!)
    Bench1-1.jpg

While I was organizing things, I found several empty ammo boxes. Since everything was clean and organized, I felt it my duty to "christen" it today too. I chose the load that I started it all with a couple of decades ago. 3.5gr of Bullseye under a 160gr LSWC!
    Guesswhattheemptyboxesmean.jpg

Primers are in the old room. It will get cleaned up and will be my primer/bullet lubing/bullet storage area.
    At any rate, Merry Christmas. All of the kids are coming over on Monday for our Christmas.
    p.s. I loaded 150 of those loads on the XL650 in about a tenth of the time I did when I started loading, even with a caliber change!

Top Bottom