• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    I've been using a 2' x 4' bench for years. I kept saying that I was going to build a new one but the old one worked so I just kept putting up with it. After recently buying a Dillon 650 and having it bolted to one of my main work benches it was time to build a new one finally. I went with one of my quick & dirty work bench designs that work well for this type of stuff. I used the shelving unit from the old bench as I wanted time on the new bench before deciding what new features to incorporate into the new shelves. This one is 25" x 8'. I will be making a rack for holding the case feed discs & primer tubes for sure. My turret is mounted to plywood and the plywood has mounting holes that are the same as the Grabber shot shell press so they can be changed out by removing 4 nuts. I haven't installed the bolts on it yet as I'm checking the machine spacing before final mounting. I still have a ton of stuff to move from the old loading area but I was wooped and called it a day.

001-2.jpg

Simple,beautiful workmanship and it will last forever. Well organized and great looking setup! :)

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Slowly getting it together.

Finally getting a little more organized. Installed some dedicated shelving and purchased some inexpensive plastic containers at Menard's. Shot my 2000th reloaded 9mm this morning. :)

MyDillon550B038_zps7b6ca91e.jpg

MyDillon550B036_zpsdabbaf5e.jpg

MyDillon550B035_zpsf24fd1fa.jpg

Last edited:

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I finally had a chance to build my disc and primer tube storage container. I still have to final sand, prime and paint it Dillon blue. It holds 3 feed discs and 11 primer tubes. Sure makes the loading bench cleaner. No more chance of discs getting knocked off the bench or shelf. Plus, as I use the primer tubes I flip them upside down so I know which are ready and which are empty. Works great!

storage1.jpg

002-1.jpg

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    I finally had a chance to build my disc and primer tube storage container. I still have to final sand, prime and paint it Dillon blue. It holds 3 feed discs and 11 primer tubes. Sure makes the loading bench cleaner. No more chance of discs getting knocked off the bench or shelf. Plus, as I use the primer tubes I flip them upside down so I know which are ready and which are empty. Works great!

storage1.jpg

002-1.jpg

I like that !! Mind if I "steal" your design ??

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Josh, feel free to steal away. I've been loading heavily for two days now getting ready for our annual pumpkin shoot. The tube rack on the front makes it really nice as I can tell loaded from unloaded tubes at a glance. (unloaded are colored tip down) My rack sits behind my press which makes it very convenient as well. I may add a tool rack to the end for the allen wrenches I use all the time as well.
    On another note. I drilled 5 holes in the bench next to the press yesterday. After searching for 10 minutes for a pin I knocked off the bench while setting up. Now the 2 black pins and the 3 brass pins can be put in holes in the bench so they don't run off while doing set up.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Another primer pickup tube rack.

Wow looks like this thread is asleep no new stuff for two weeks! :dunno:

Nothing much new here either other than that I am now also loading .45 ACP in addition to 9mm. I needed a new rack to hold both the large and small primer pickup tubes as well as the magazine tube that is not in use at the time so this was what I built (painted Dillon blue of course). Also built a sub-base for the tool-head stand that also holds the primer bar that is not in use and a little stand for my powder pan and a rack for the case gauges. Sometimes it's the simple things that make life easier. Little by little the reloading area is improving. :)

MyDillon550B029_zps0f2fb0b1.jpg

MyDillon550B038_zps7b6ca91e.jpg

MyDillon550B041_zps054d804d.jpg

MyDillon550B042_zps2b989ba3.jpg

MyDillon550B047_zps0c3fb690.jpg

MyDillon550B052_zps24456e2b.jpg

Last edited:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Ft.Knox.

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

:rockwoot:

vaultdoor.jpg

Love the door! I have a 10' X 10' room in the basement all concrete walls,ceiling and floor (the ceiling is part of the attached garage floor). It was the coal bunker 50 years ago. I have been thinking about making it my reloading room/gun safe and that door would be perfect. :)

Top Bottom