• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Josey1972

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2013
    North Side
    Im getting into reloading and I would like to set up in my garage. My set up would be about 10' away from my furnace. I know the powder is in the machine and probably safe but in the back of mind I'm concerned. Anyone been down this road themselves?

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    I reload about 8 feet from my gas furnace...never had any problems.

Don't leave your powder in the hopper too long...it can draw moisture and fog the plastic.

God bless
    -Shred

Biscuit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    La Porte
    image.jpg
    I Set mine up as a shelf. By keeping the work area small I tend to keep it clean. I Do plan to remake just a little taller with two more shelves. One shelf dedication to power.

Indyfishyak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Thanks the lil guy is a steenbuck. Shot it in South Africa 3 years ago. The others are a springbuck blessbuck and mountain reed buck. Yeah blessed the wife gives me the space... But she also got her pool table on the other side. Would love to get a few more mounts down there some day. Also need to build some better storage under my benches.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I spent some time today cleaning my bench and making a small shelf for the back of it. Last April type timeframe I started reloading. Just threw stuff together and started loading. Decided to make it a bit more organized for this season. Looking forward to getting my 45 loads figured out and get more .357 loaded for next summer fun.

This used to be just an extra bench in the garage beside my regular bench. One I used when I was building engines. Now its my reloading bench. The grey tubs on the wall are just a bolt organizer I got from my grandpa's estate auction. Its full of bolts...not really used for reloading...

6F31D053-B704-42DD-956F-15F51140D556_zpsarfagyhj.jpg

drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    I spent some time today cleaning my bench and making a small shelf for the back of it. Last April type timeframe I started reloading. Just threw stuff together and started loading. Decided to make it a bit more organized for this season. Looking forward to getting my 45 loads figured out and get more .357 loaded for next summer fun.

This used to be just an extra bench in the garage beside my regular bench. One I used when I was building engines. Now its my reloading bench. The grey tubs on the wall are just a bolt organizer I got from my grandpa's estate auction. Its full of bolts...not really used for reloading...

6F31D053-B704-42DD-956F-15F51140D556_zpsarfagyhj.jpg

Is that the new V-8 brass tumbler under your bench??

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    In skimming this thread, either you guys straighten up your bench etc just for the pictures, or Im a messy loader because you can barely see my bench top most of the time.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    I've been using this setup for about ten years and it seems to suit my needs. Reloading press near the center and lots of space to the left for gun cleaning and ultrasonic cleaner. There's just enough space to the right for powder measure/scales and other work. Put a small SileAir compressor under the bench.
    WWvM2kO.jpg

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    In skimming this thread, either you guys straighten up your bench etc just for the pictures, or Im a messy loader because you can barely see my bench top most of the time.

lol...yah, I cleaned mine just before the pic. Its not too messy now. It was horrible before I built the shelf, though.

see, I admitted it!

Top Bottom