• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I'm certainly far from being an expert, but I use a MEC 600 jr. It loads and crimps any hull, but AA are my favorite. Looks like from your photo that those presses just need a good cleaning and de-rusting. Of course they need the plastic bottles that hold the powder and shot. Unless you get the aftermarket part to adjust shot amount and powder drop, you'll need different bushings to drop the correct amounts. Shotgun shells are easier to load than rifle or pistol and shotgun shells don't create all the pressures that metal cartridges do. If you haven't already done so, download this: https://www.mecoutdoors.com/owners-manual-download

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Not a mold, but a dripper nozzle set. I tried one once but couldn't ever get it to work properly. For what they cost, the Littletons should just make the shot for you.
    I was wondering if you were talking about a Littletons.
    I bought one in the middle 80's and maybe the third time I used it the alum lead pan melted and slid down the front of the machine down between my legs into the bucket of water based oil.
    It didnt have a rheostat on it, plug it in and melt. It went in the trash.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I'm no expert either though I used to load 12ga frequently. Prolly only 8-10kk which isn't alot compared to a real shooter.
    Still have several thousand AA hulls here that have been reloaded about 10 times and some are just showing splits at the crimp.
    Tried reloading some lesser brands that only stood 3-4 reloadings. Was told not to waste my time on paper base hulls but I tried it. Only 2-3 reloads on those.

Remington 90T

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2023
    Brodhead Wisconsin
    Shot making is not for the faint of heart. Hight temperatures - deadly fumes -Costly -Not only for the L.P. you have to use to melt your lead two or three times to clean and blend -Believe me clean lead is the key. Good shot machine starts at $500 - Trying to figure out what lead you have is the next thing. Back in the day lead pipe and wheel weights is what I used. then they started adding more zinc to the lead-Always tried to shoot for 3% to 6% antimony Which is a real trick when antimony melts at 1167F and lead at 621F- Then you have to deal with the mess of a cooling system. By the time you are done that $50 a bag of store-bought shot looks pretty good,

Top Bottom