• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BTSTEVE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Sellersburg
    Where is there to buy reloading supplies in Southern Indiana near Louisville or in Louisville. I have found a few and was wondering if there were others and what are the best places.

Places I have found

Reloaders Supply on Hwy 62 in Jeffersonville-Even before the rush on supplies they would regularly be out of most common stuff.

Bass Pro Shops in Clarksville-High prices

Shooters Supply on Vinecrest Ave. in Louisville-High prices, but has a good selection. Especially if you like RCBS.

Where else is there? I would be willing to drive an hour if I could get bulk of supplies to make it worth traveling. I understand that right now most places do not have much, but where were your go to places before the scare?

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Good question. I'll be there late this week hitting a few shops.
    I didn't know about the one on Vinecrest.
    I haven't heard anything about Falls City Firearms having reloading stuff but I'll check it out anyway.
    Reloaders Supply will be my main stop.

BTSTEVE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Sellersburg
    You may want to call them at reloaders supply to make sure they have what you want, because every time I have been there in the last month, the cupboard has been very bare.

dennymac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    La Grange, KY
    Reloading supplies, southern Indiana

Good afternoon. The supply of reloading components is dismal at best in this area. I have a contact that I use for some of my supplies. He is only at the gun shows. But, like everything else, his prices have gone up a little. The only real solution to this problem is to buy in LARGE quantities. I have 3 40 pound kegs of Reloader 15 powder, and a lot of smaller containers of lots of other powders. I have bought 40 pounds of powder at a time from Powder valley, as well as 15,000 primers at a time. I buy bullets in 1,000 to 10,000 lots. If a couple of guys can get together on a purchase it makes for reasonable pricing, even including shipping. Gun shows are almost always cheaper than the local shops, but there is gas, parking, and admission to pay. Then, there is food at the event. All in all, nothing is cheap anymore. And, darned few things are inexpensive.
    With all that said, the only answer is to buy more than you need, or think that you need. And, begore you run out, buy more.
    Stack 'em high and deep, gentlemen. Best of luck. DennyMac

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    As much I'm not a fan of them, Orion Arms in Jeffersonville has some reloading stuff, again high prices. I've heard Falls City in Clarksville also does, but I've never been so I can't confirm.

mike_47203

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    Seymour
    Bite the Bullet

Bite the Bullet in Seymour, IN normally has a good selection of reloading supplies.

It's about an hour north of you.

Given the recent run on everything no one has a lot of anything left on the shelf.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I have been looking and there's not a place with a good selection at a decent price. I've found that Shooter's Supply to be the best selection with so so prices. If you are willing to drive a little North check out Bite the Bullet in Seymour. My dad stopped in there and he said it was pretty good. I have not personally been there.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    Shooters Supply has a nice room in back with reloading supplies. The only thing I say is their service is the worst I've ever ran into. I don't need super nice but standing around waiting for long periods is bad. However the only place in there that I've always gotten help quick is the reloading room!

When I was in Orion last time it was bare for reloading at best!

Hosshauler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Clinton
    How about Bass Pro or Gander Mountain? We have a local Gander that use to be very well stocked but now they appear to be eliminating their reloading inventory.

Did you know that some Walmart's actually have reloading supplies at decent prices.

BTSTEVE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Sellersburg
    Bite the Bullet in Seymour, IN normally has a good selection of reloading supplies.

It's about an hour north of you.

Given the recent run on everything no one has a lot of anything left on the shelf.

Thanks Mike,

This is what I was looking for. I live in Sellersburg, and that is with in an hour drive. Once this panic buying blows over I will have to give them a visit.

Atterbury range is only around an hour for me, what does everybody think of its reloading supplies and prices? Do they have anything at this point?

nj4020

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    I stopped in at Atterbury on Saturday. They had quite a bit of powder, but not what I was looking for. They had a few primers and their prices seemed to be in line. Very nice looking range, it would be worth checking out or at least a phone call.

Top Bottom