• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GMack_1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2009
    Montgomery Co.
    I have been looking seriously at purchasing one of these puppies. I have seen 26" and 28" offered for the same price. Are there any benefits of one over the other? I'm looking for something that can do skeet/trap, as well as general hunting.

Does a 2" difference in length really make a difference?

Before I get any smart-**s responses to the above question, I wear 12" extra-wide work boots, so you do the math.

As always, feedback appreciated.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    I have been looking seriously at purchasing one of these puppies. I have seen 26" and 28" offered for the same price. Are there any benefits of one over the other? I'm looking for something that can do skeet/trap, as well as general hunting.

Does a 2" difference in length really make a difference?

Before I get any smart-**s responses to the above question, I wear 12" extra-wide work boots, so you do the math.

As always, feedback appreciated.

unless one is rifled, and the other is not, then no I really don't think it would make much difference at all. At least not enough for someone to notice. I would think it's kind of stupid for them to sell almost identical barrels?? Unless there are different in some way and you may not have noticed :dunno: I'd go ahead and get the 28". More barrel for you buck :twocents: Hope this helps a little:ingo:

BTW I really recommend getting one. They are AWESOME firearms. My favorite to shoot/hunt with out of the whole collection.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    The biggest difference for me is the longer bbl adds some to the dwell time. This could help the gun cycle with lower powered ammo.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    The 26 inch will fit perfectly with a Choate 10 shot extension... :D and you may find it swings a bit faster, actually it would be my choice...

My 26 inch 1100 with Choate 10 shot mag tube....

1100a-1.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom