• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dpbstevens

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Akron
    I just aquired a Remington 1187 premier with what to appears to be a 21" barrel with rifle sights. It has what looks like a full choke in the barrel and the barrel itself is not rifled. I did some looking and it could be a rifle sighted deer barrel but not sure. Anyone that knows I would like to know as well lol. My question is I would like to change the barrel to a vent rib barrel preferrably 28" with beads would there be any issues doing so? I keep hearing different stories. Like I need to watch out for barels that have an LC or LT marking not sure which due to barrel diameter not fitting the forend correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Is it a Remchoke bbl (removable choke tube) or is it a fixed choke?

If a factory fixed choke it should be Imp Cyl and should say on the bbl someplace.

Deer bbls are standard contour so your forend will accept regular or LC bbls.

I am assuming your rig is a 12 gauge.

LT bbls are for smaller gauges.

dpbstevens

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Akron
    wow you just summed up what i said in one sentence lol impressive but i do like the barrel just would have more use having the vented barrel with beads seeing how i do more rabbit and clay pigeons than anything and already have a slug gun for deer. but if i can find a new barrel resonably i will keep this one too. can never have too many extras.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Sounds like mine. 20" IC smooth bore deer barrel with rifled sights. My favorite. I am looking for one like it for my 870.

If 1187 or 1100 rifle sighted, I think the bbl length is 21", not 20" like on 870's (factory slug bbls).

Not counting the new longer turkey model stuff.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom