• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OutaAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Got to shoot the new 1911 Remington today. Sweetttttttttt!!!!!! :D A really nice handgun. Going to add this to my want list. Asked the Remington rep if they where coming out with any other handguns maybe in 9mm or .40. He said others are in the works and they are going after S & W. :)

Also got a chance today to fire the AR 24 Armalite 9mm. Another nice shooting handgun.

Now do I just buy another gun safe or just move to a bigger house with a walk in safe? :popcorn:

yenningcomity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Cast frame and slide on the R1 but made in america.
    Forged on the SA, but made overseas. Some were machined here, but they are uncommon from what i hear.

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    The Remington has a Series 80-style firing pin block safety. Springfield's products do not have an fps. For many people this difference is not important but I will not purchase 1911 pistols with firing pin safties.

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The Remington has a Series 80-style firing pin block safety. Springfield's products do not have an fps. For many people this difference is not important but I will not purchase 1911 pistols with firing pin safties.

Odd. I try and avoid purchasing 1911's with firing pin safeties. Just another part to malfunction and keep the gun from firing when you need it to.

Wait... I can't read. I just figured that out. Sorry, I've aparently become illiterate. I rescind my prior statement.

Top Bottom