• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    i have a remington 552 speedmaster 22 and ive looked them up to find a value and ive found a lot of different models and im not sure how to find the age or value of the gun, can anybody help, a friend said they are worth a decent amount and i was lookin to trade it for an in line

Panda565

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2022
    Hoover
    There is a code on the barrel near the receiver. Google Remington Model 552 to find out how to decode. My Speedmaster was manufactured in September 1957.

Longhair

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    The 552 speedmaster is a great rifle, I've had a few I sold and wish I hadn't. Great squirrel rifle. I have one now and will keep this one.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Wow, a thread old enough to vote!

When I first started working on tired old guns it seemed these were everywhere and most had spent a life in the springs to a truck seat. It was the first alloy redo I attempted and it actually amazed me.

For the receiver I thought I would use some High Temp semi gloss black spray paint. It covered, but did have a little 'crinkle' to the finish. I thought, 'oh well, lets try it again." But when I chemically stripped the paint off it had left the entire surface of the receiver as brightly polished as you had ever seen. It was one of those self priming Rustoleum paint bombs and it was truly amazing. I went over it with some Flitz polish and sent it to a new home.

All I can say is sometimes it may be better to work dumber than harder...

Top Bottom