• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Well I have a couple things to do within the next 2-3 weeks on my remington 700, and wanted to see if anyone here (or any sponsers) could help with the tasks at hand.

First I need to mount a base, rings, and scope to my new rifle. The base arrived today, the rings should be here tuesday, and the scope [hopefully] later next week. I have never done this before, and would feel a bit more comfortable if I had someone helping me through it for the first time (or do the work while I possibly watch how its done). Also, if said person had somewhere to help me zero (100 yds)/break in the barrel that would be a bonus, but not a requirement as I can always go out to LCC and figure it out on my own.

A couple other things I'm looking to get done are 1.) a larger/extended bolt knob, and 2.) possibly a fluted bolt. This would take a bit more machine work and would preferably be done by a skilled gunsmith.

PMs are welcomed, but don't hesitate to reply here either.

Thanks,

Aaron

standeford

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm way down SE of Indy, so probably out of range to help with the install. It isn't difficult but there are a few thing to pay attention to, which should be spec'd by the people who made your rings and base. Torque mainly. And different rings take up differently.

Anyway, for an oversized bolt handle maybe try hooperordnance@yahoo.com. He charges $50 for the install on your knob or you can buy a knob from him.

As for the bolt, I wouldn't flute a factory one. You don't really gain anything. A PTG 1 piece bolt would be a better choice if you aren't happy with the factory supplied one.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Not that long of a drive from Lafayette. Where about are you? I think it'd be worth it to make sure everything gets set up correctly. I have read the factory specs for the badger base, and while it seems simple, like I said, I want to make sure its done right.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Still looking for someone maybe a bit closer. Also I will be up in NWI tomorrow (wed) and thurs if anyones in that area. Dont have the scope, but if I can get the base and rings on, and ready to drop in a scope i think i can finish it up.

243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I could help you out if you ever get to Fort Wayne. I could also try and talk you through it in a PM if you'd like. I've done it on two Remington 700s and it isn't that difficult, just a few quirks to watch out for.

Top Bottom