• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Just picked up a 700 30-06, came with leupold rings and base. Looking to peg coyotes with it, any suggestions scope wise? id love to put a nikon or leupold on it down the line but its not in the funds right now. Is there such thing as a decent scope for $100- $150?

The SWFA Super Sniper scope is a great choice with many different offerings. They are rugged and have great glass for the price. Highly recommended!

i dont think you will find this scopes in the ops budget, but if the budget was 300 i would agree whole heartedly

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    To be honest, as far as general target practice or hunting, you can get used to using any combination and it does not matter too much. Its just easier to use Mil/Mil or MOA/MOA. The important thing is RELIABILITY. If your scope can not hold a zero, you can not make accurate shots. You adjust and shoot only to find that you are further off than before.

I agree with you. I was looking for scopes in the $300 price range. Could not see dropping more than that on a $300 rifle. A friend recommended the Buckmaster. I read a lot of reviews, and they where very favorable. The local shop happened to have one. So far I have been very happy with it. I actually like the mil dot reticle more than a standard reticle. I just need to get to a range with lanes more than 100 yards.

Eric86

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Princeton, Indiana
    I agree with you. I was looking for scopes in the $300 price range. Could not see dropping more than that on a $300 rifle. A friend recommended the Buckmaster. I read a lot of reviews, and they where very favorable. The local shop happened to have one. So far I have been very happy with it. I actually like the mil dot reticle more than a standard reticle. I just need to get to a range with lanes more than 100 yards.

Isnt Camp Atterbury somewhat public? Anyways I think you should master 100 yards if you havent already. It should make longer ranges more enjoyable. BTW Im not knocking on low priced scopes, I have one but I also know that there is a reason why they are low priced and they do not fulfill my total requirements. I also had a lot of "extra" cash when I placed an order.

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    I have a Nikon ProStaff 3-9x40 that is excellent glass for the $99 I paid for it new. It only has a standard duplex reticle but if I had acces to a range or land where I could shoot more than 100 yards, I would definitely get the Nikon ProStaff BDC where I could adjust for distance based on whatever ammo I used to zero. I think they run around $160. Nikon is super clear all the way to the 9x and grabs plenty of light.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I have a Nikon ProStaff 3-9x40 that is excellent glass for the $99 I paid for it new. It only has a standard duplex reticle but if I had acces to a range or land where I could shoot more than 100 yards, I would definitely get the Nikon ProStaff BDC where I could adjust for distance based on whatever ammo I used to zero. I think they run around $160. Nikon is super clear all the way to the 9x and grabs plenty of light.
    what kind of gun do you have it on? any problems holding zero?

Top Bottom