• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    Today I went down to Cabelas to look around and saw a Remington 770 for $299. I decided to purchase it because I don't have a rifle and had been looking to get one for a good price. It is chambered in 270 WIN. I filled out the form and showed them my CHL and walked about with the rifle, a case, a bi-pod and two boxes of 270 for $449.

When I got to the range, I realized that it was not sighted in. (I figured that it wouldn't be.) My first two shots didn't even hit paper. It was then that I realized that I had no idea how to sight in a rifle. :D Luckily for me, there was a great guy there who offered to show me how. He pulled the bolt out and showed me how the controls on the scope worked. After a few minutes and 10-12 rounds, I had it down to shooting groups within 3 to 4 inches at 100 yards. I finished out the box and packed it up.

This rifle shoots great once you get it sighted in. It has a pretty decent kick to it and I have a sore shoulder to prove it. The bolt was a little difficult to seat properly a few times, but overall, the action worked pretty well.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the purchase and I'm now thinking about doing some hunting on my cousin's property. I didn't snag a pic of the target, but I did get one of the rifle! What do you guys think?

IMG00071-20110505-1546.jpg

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    i have one just like the picture rifle chambered in .308 and have been several hundred rounds thru it. after a good amount of time and several cleanings, the stickyness of the bolt will start to go away. as for the shooting, with good ammo and a rest i have managed to shrink my groups to about 1.5MOA at 100yrd

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Nice rifle, Ive been thinking of getting a .270 at a local shop here were I live. Keep it up couple more times at the range sounds like you'll have her all lined out!

Top Bottom