• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    Remington has to prove its worth. No free rides after what they did with Marlin and their earlier pistol.

My thoughts exactly, add present day M700's and 870's for that matter. I WAS a long time multi decade Remington fanatic, sadly my next rifle will be a Tikka, my next shotguns will be either Browning or Benelli, and tahts coming from a guy who owns 3-M700's. 4-870's and one 11-87.

Now having said that, if Remington was still making their Marlins, M700's and 870's as good as they are making their 1911's it would be a different story for me, as they make, based on multiple of my first hand personal experiences FOR the MONEY very good 1911's.

Last edited:

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Remington is only a couple more turds away from no longer being a viable firearms company. I wonder how many 700s and 870s are sold purely based on the aftermarket's ability to fix/improve. Kinda like a 'precision' 10/22.

Big Green needs to step up the quality control. Modern tech has made great quality cheaper than ever, and customer expect rock-solid performance for very little money.

Top Bottom