• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Absolutely, corporate counsel and the insurance companies made an economic decision to settle. Forget that the shooter stole the weapon and killed his mother to get it. Forget foreseeability as a component of a tort. Forget a statute that offered the manufacturer some protection. Allow political correctness and the liberals will tell you all will be ok. Makes me sick to my stomach!!! Ouch.

neycx1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2022
    Noblesville
    Could not believe this when I saw it, what an absolute disaster. I'm no lawyer, but I had high hopes for Remington coming out of bankruptcy, I thought they would put up more of a fight over such a ridiculous claim.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Could not believe this when I saw it, what an absolute disaster. I'm no lawyer, but I had high hopes for Remington coming out of bankruptcy, I thought they would put up more of a fight over such a ridiculous claim.
    The new Remington has no ties with the old Remington except for the name. This has nothng to do with them, this was a decission by the old company's insurance providers.

NWIGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2022
    NWI
    Seems like it was basically a way to cut their losses during bankruptcy. I guess none of the shareholders with any voting power were interested in protecting gun rights/2nd amendment. This is what happens when you sell your company and employees out to the corporate man.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Absolutely, corporate counsel and the insurance companies made an economic decision to settle. Forget that the shooter stole the weapon and killed his mother to get it. Forget foreseeability as a component of a tort. Forget a statute that offered the manufacturer some protection. Allow political correctness and the liberals will tell you all will be ok. Makes me sick to my stomach!!! Ouch.
    I am as conservative as anyone but will explain that you shouldn’t put this in a neat little Liberal box.

This case was about money and principle. You will find that there were a great deal of Conservatives behind the money (investors vs insurance companies) and a whole lot of Liberals behind the principle.

One might be surprised by the political choice of the actual PEOPLE involved.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This is a reminder to us that large "gun" companies are no longer run by 2A oriented folks. They make decisions based on the present vs the future.

The best way we can help out with this is not not support companies that do not support our best interests. Certainly not support Remington, going forward. Also try our best to not support the other companies under this ownership cloak.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This is a reminder to us that large "gun" companies are no longer run by 2A oriented folks. They make decisions based on the present vs the future.
    This! Once they go corporate most are no longer driven by ideology, if they ever truly were and it was not a marketing pitch…

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    They weren't sued for the use of the gun in a crime. This article explains the gist of the lawsuit.

It was still a bogus lawsuit. The CT Supreme Court interpreted the law to suit their desires. The USSC would not take the case for that ruling.

Also realize Remington didn't settle, their insurance companies did.

They should have fought it and then tried again to take it to the USSC when they lost.

Good explanation in the article, the legal hairsplitting in the Massachusetts law about marketing gave the plaintiffs the wedge they needed to get around the protections the gun industry has.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    What does this Remington, a new company with the same name have to do with the old company that is gone after bankruptcy sale?

The Remington brand.

If the new owners intend to use the soiled name, they should financially see the reaction by the 2A community.

We should set our own precidence.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The Remington brand.

If the new owners intend to use the soiled name, they should financially see the reaction by the 2A community.

We should set our own precidence.
    So now we hold new owners of a name, equipment, and certain gun plans accountable for the old owners business decisions we don't like but the money the old owners lost we forgive?

Bankruptcy sales do not clear the name? Never heard that before.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    So now we hold new owners of a name, equipment, and certain gun plans accountable for the old owners business decisions we don't like but the money the old owners lost we forgive?

Bankruptcy sales do not clear the name? Never heard that before.

Yes, exactly that!

New owners should rename, if they want business in the future. The new owners are selling on Remington name brand of the past. With that now comes Remington "admitting" a mass murder was their fault for making the hardware.

The Remington name is soiled by the brand caving to the antigunners.

If we do not act, the firearms industry will be changed forever, on top of the antigunners winning a HUGE victory.

We must punish Remington name brand with boycotting our dollars. It's the only way we beat the buzzards and the antigunners.

Last edited:

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Yes, exactly that!

New owners should rename, if they want business in the future. The new owners are selling on Remington name brand of the past. With that now comes Remington "admitting" a mass shooting was their fault for making the hardware.

The Remington name is soiled by the brand caving to the antigunners.

If we do not act, the firearms industry will be changed forever, on top of the antigunners winning a HUGE victory.
    What a conundrum it is to boycott greedy suppliers. Nothing left to buy. Better get what you need or give up some dignity down the road.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    No matter who pays the for the damage, all gun manufacturers will suffer the consequences, and we as consumers will have to pay up as well every time we buy a new gun.
    Yes. The gun landscape has changed with the camels nose inside the tent, the target will be to continue to go after what has been called the greedy gluttonous force feeding of high capacity killing machines down a throat of a society that refuses to control evil people.

We all will pay more for what is turning into a privilege instead of a right. Sad.

I’m glad I have the longest part of the Journey behind me.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom