• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I got to shoot one today. Thanks russc2542, it was good to meet you and thanks for letting me play with your toy. (although we discussed the following at Proteq, I hope I dont offend)

For me, the backstrap/beavertail safety was uncomfortable. I didnt mind the gun. It seemed to shoot straight and wasnt problematic per se. Trigger was relatively smooth.

Maybe it is dainty gentleman's hands, (my primary work tool is a keyboard) but several times I felt an uncomfortable pinch as the meat of my palms bound up/pinched in the backstrap safety. Like I said it wasnt painful, but it wasnt pleasant either.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    From everything I read/see, I really see no reason to buy this pistol other than curiosity. There are so many good handguns out there these days where you don't have to say, "I like it, except for these three things." that I just don't get the appeal.

It does recoil lighter than and, due to the low bore height, has less muzzle flip than most tilt-barrel guns, that's the benefit. Besides, I do like curiosities lol. I definitely won't say throw out whatever you have and go get one of these because it's a million times better. I'm just saying it's a fair shooter and a heck of a lot better than the first go-round.

I got to shoot one today. Thanks russc2542, it was good to meet you and thanks for letting me play with your toy. (although we discussed the following at Proteq, I hope I dont offend)

For me, the backstrap/beavertail safety was uncomfortable. I didnt mind the gun. It seemed to shoot straight and wasnt problematic per se. Trigger was relatively smooth.

Maybe it is dainty gentleman's hands, (my primary work tool is a keyboard) but several times I felt an uncomfortable pinch as the meat of my palms bound up/pinched in the backstrap safety. Like I said it wasnt painful, but it wasnt pleasant either.

None taken, I've heard that complaint about the R51 before (like the ham-on-rye youtube review). I used to be a rigger, then a mechanic (still do just enough to keep some callouses), I can't even feel the backstrap safety. lol

Top Bottom