• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I looked at both of those at Gander mountain last week. I think yours has a colt frame judging by the VP proof and the GHD mark.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I looked at both of those at Gander mountain last week. I think yours has a colt frame judging by the VP proof and the GHD mark.

You are right. I just did a S/N lookup and it's a 1944 mfg Colt frame with a Remington Rand slide. That explains the price being under a grand. I don't mind though, as I bought it as a shooter, not as a safe queen. It won't get shot a lot, but it's not retired yet.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I thought quite a bit about buying it myself. I had an old colt slide but the finish wasn't even close.
    I've got a mixmaster myself. I decided to leave it that was as that's probably how it was configured when it left service.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Like I said, if only they could talk!

(of course one of mine would say "I remember being carried by a guy while with the 2nd MP Company, dude farted alot, you know those horrible kimchi farts, at least he kept me clean").

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You are right. I just did a S/N lookup and it's a 1944 mfg Colt frame with a Remington Rand slide. That explains the price being under a grand. I don't mind though, as I bought it as a shooter, not as a safe queen. It won't get shot a lot, but it's not retired yet.

All that means is it has more interesting stories to tell than an all matching, never left the States Asenal Queen....Sometimes a weapon is more interesting because of where it has been rather than where it's going, and barring a Zombie Apocolypse, I would say it's past is where the tale lies....As I said, a very nice piece..Congrats again...

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    I looked at that one hard last week at Gander Mtn. Trying to decide, I passed due to the import mark but that does not change what it is, a very cool gun.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I think the 1911 is the coolest handgun there is. When I think of what a pistol should look like, I think of a 1911. The classic look is the best. Nice weapon. My brother has a Browning HP with the German eagle and swastika. He gave it to me because he owed me money. The thing shot like a charm. Kept throwing the front sight off. I felt sorry for him and gave it back when I bought my own HP. Like someone else said. If only they could talk.

TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    Nice Rand. My sister has our father's RR. He served in the Air Force and fought in the Korean war. Its a 1942 RR, the first year they made them. I asked if I could have it and she kindly told me to GFMyself. Sister's, you got love'em.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    30usuph.jpg

Guess there are more of these things on INGO than I thought.
    This one I gave to my wife for our 40th wedding anniversary. She really loves it..

Top Bottom