• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I really want this to be a good gun. I may or may not pick one up if they get good reviews, but either way, I'm hoping they did a better job on this than they did on the R51. There's no good reason to rush a product out the door without completely debugging the design in today's world.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I handled one of these today. It feels pretty good, slide moves easily unlike a lot of small autos. Typical DA trigger pull like others of this sort but not heavy. I hope it works out for them. Price was 419.00.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Been greatly anticipating this gun since I saw it at the NRA convention last April. I heard about the release date, and have been scouring my LGSs. Thursday, I found one and bought it ($360)
    Yesterday I took it to the range and pumped 125 rounds (various brands of ball ammo) through it almost as fast as I could reload the mags and pull the trigger.

ME LIKEY!!

At 5 yrds, the PoA and PoI were right on, and there were no failures. Next time out I'll feed it hollow points and see how it does.

Little less snappy than the Ruger LCP, and without the trigger bite. Last round hold open is a welcome feature lacking on the LCP and KelTec. The serrations on the slide feel sharper and deeper than the Ruger, and make the slide much easier to manipulate. There is no magazine disconnect -- a feature often removed by LCP owners.

Lefties will appreciate the true ambidextrous mag release. Don't worry about the safety... Apart from the long trigger pull, there isn't one.

The trigger is a long pull, similar to the updated LCPs, and it has a long reset (about the only complaint I have).

Can't wait for the aftermarket to kick in on this firearm. With replaceable grips I should be easy to make this gun fit any hand.

I note that there is an insert in the back of the mags, similar to the one in the mags of the Ruger LC380. The inserts make the mag artificially shorter to fit the 380 auto round. Hmmmmmm... Perhaps there will be an "RM9" in the future?

20151203_180746.jpg

20151203_181023.jpg

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Nice looking gun! If I were in the market for a pocket .380, I'd jump on one of these, although Palmetto State Armory has LCP's for $199. If price isn't a factor, the locking slide alone would tip it in favor of the Remington, for me.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Nice looking gun! If I were in the market for a pocket .380, I'd jump on one of these, although Palmetto State Armory has LCP's for $199. If price isn't a factor, the locking slide alone would tip it in favor of the Remington, for me.
    It has the Rohrbaugh pedigree, so I'd expect a 9mm version is in the works. That would probably be a bit snappier than shooting the LCP, but for those who plan on being victimized by criminals who don't mind being shot by a. 380, it'd be a welcome option.

The LRHO is a nice feature. Don't understand why they felt the need to leave it off the LCP and P3AT (and for that matter, the original Rohrbaugh). I don't generally keep good count of my shots when firimg rapidly, and I like something other than 'click'-instead-of-'bang' letting me know I fired "six shots, or only five."

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Fed it a diet of JHPs and some Hornaday Critical Defense today. Passed with flying colors. As soon as I find a decent holster for it, it's going into the regular lineup.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Co-worker just came by and told me he got one of these at Point Blank over the weekend... after a $100 rebate, it was $120.

That's insane.

When he walked in, they had three cases full... by the time he shot it and did the paperwork, there was half a case left.

busted1200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Evansville
    Shot mine the other day. Ran perfect with ball and hollow point ammo. Trigger is a bit long, but nice and smooth. I also purchased one with the 100 dollar rebate and it ended up being about 150.00. Didn't measure the groups of 6 but I'm guessing it was about 2 inches at 15-20 feet. Groups might have been slightly better if I used a rest or barricade, I was just standing without support.

Top Bottom