• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joemich1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I was passed down a remington m1A 1911 from WWII from my grandfather. Would like to know its value and history, not that I intend to sell it ever!

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    There are volumes on the internet about the value of these military guns. I recently bought one for my wife, as a gift, to go with the war memorabilia left to her by her father. My research showed that if you buy a "mix master" with a Remington Rand slide, with other manufacturers parts installed, and in poor condition, they can be worth as little as $400. On the other hand, an original one with all original parts and low wear, with original holster, can go for $3000 or more.The one I got for my wife was a parts matching, very low wear,(inside and out) 1945 Remington Rand with original holster and belt, and original magazine. I considered it a bargain @ $1795!
    It all depends on condition and history.
    I'll tell you one thing, half the fun of purchasing and owning these relics is in the history you learn.The internet is your friend. Good luck, and let's see some photos! :)

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Value for this firearm is completely relative. Would it really matter to you if it was worth $150 or $5000? It's YOUR grandpa's service pistol, which makes it priceless! (btw - I was watching Pawn Stars last night and a guy brought in his 3-4 gen. decendant's Civil War musket to pawn.:( He had documented proof of ownership and everything. Thank God they couldn't come to terms and the guy kept it. It was still loaded!)
    Maybe you could research your grandpa's service records to see what units he served with, where he was stationed, etc. There are lots of internet sites to connect to.

Lets see some pics!

ol' poke

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I love those old military 1911's, such great history and the stories I wish I could hear!! Lets see a picture so we can drool, and it saddens me as to what people pawn on that show. Cool seeing them but wow.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Maybe you could research your grandpa's service records to see what units he served with, where he was stationed, etc. There are lots of internet sites to connect to.

Not all of those internet sites have good historical info. I looked up my dad's Marine unit and they all had slightly different "histories." I came across a book (in actual, real paper) which has mention of his unit which fairly well matches the things he told me about where they were, etc., but the internet sites are grossly different. I'm more inclined to believe my dad and the book, especially since he took some pictures when they went in and out of Pearl Harbor a couple of times, while the internet sites I visited say they never were even there. According to my dad and the book, they were part of a convoy on their way to the invasion of Japan when the war ended. The internet sites say they were still training off the coast of San Diego.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Does it look like this one. This one is fairly mint, Well really mint.

Picture022-1.jpg

Picture021-1.jpg

The numbers are easy to find. It should have the property of and other marks. Made 1941-1944. Many were then arsenal rebuilt and reissued. Many more were sold in mag's like shootering time or shotgun news back in the day.

Find your numbers using you goodle foo. Give it a rating on wear and tear. Or search on gunbroker for sold items.

Top Bottom