• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ngdonut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I have a 1 year old Rhodesian ridgeback. She is a great dog, but has selective hearing when outside. She is well trained but as soon as she has a little freedom outside, she has a mind of her own. I am thinking about getting a remote (no harm) vibration dog collar for her. Has anyone had success with these and what brand do you use?
    image.jpg

Last edited:

Porter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2014
    Putnam Co
    It might work for awhile but you are going to wish you had the shock option about the time you stroke out from yelling when she figures out she doesn't care about the vibration. Look at inotec and tri tronics you can use tone only or tone and stimulate. After she figures out that means stop you can use in tone only mode. Also there is several levels of stimulation you don't have to go straight to oh my god setting. Start out low and see how the dog responds.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I have a Hav-a-Hart transmitter system with both audible and shock 3 levels (stimulation). My std podle ignored it all. I think it depends on the dog. He was a rescue, mellow, shy, avoids conflict. I was afraid it would send him over the edge. Nah. I also have a loving, super active, rambunctious, stubborn, playful, demanding golden doodle. I may try it on her. The barking collar seems to work (with stimulation).

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    We have a 60 lb Airedale Terrier (ADT) that was more than a handful at one year of age. We started taking him to a local training outfit, and they turned us onto remote training collars. For the last 7 years, we have had our ADT on the Tri-tronics G3 Basic. They no longer make that particular unit, but it offers audible only, continuous correction and momentary correction (all at varying levels).

When training with him, we work on positive reinforcement - which he responds well with; however, there are times where we are thankful we also work with him on SERIOUS issues and the remote training collar lets us reinforce those abnormally bad behaviors and work them out of him. Plus, it's nice to be able to give him a correction when he's off leash and doing something which he should not be doing.

Our G3 unit has been bullet proof for 7 years, and we contemplated getting a different unit (smaller remote transmitter and also a smaller footprint on the collar unit) but have held off.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I have a tri tronics/garmin alpha. Best one out there bar none. GPS tracking, 9 mile range, loudest tone the market, etc. Completely made my dog 1000% better. You must train with the collar on fyi. Starting on a lead. You can't just slap on the collar and start hammering buttons.

It's not cheap at all, but it does wonders for you if your a hunter and hunt big woods.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I have a sport dog collar that can beep and shock, that may not be a bad option, you can adjust the intensity of the shock from the control. It's very safe and when low it won't hurt your dog and only get their attention.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Haven't used a remote stimulation collar but have underground fence and it has worked out great but we started our pup when she was about 4 months old. It gives a tone and then stimulation but also as earlier stated we started her on a leash so she could get to know the boundaries. As stated before some dogs have a very high tolerance to the stimulation and others just go with the flow, so to speak. You might try PMing Josh Ward to get his opinion.. He trains dogs for a living and from what I've seen and heard he's top notch.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

Top Bottom