• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Has anyone tried to remove the bayonet and mounting "lump" from a Mosin M44? I'm talking about doing a nice job of it, effectively ending up with am M38 style rifle. I'm not wanting to try to fool anyone, I'd rather have an M38 but they are hard to find at a decent price.
    I love my M44 and I don't plan to attack IT, but I was thinking about one of the poor scabby looking Chinese clones that Bradis has right now.
    Thanks

n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Because while I see lots of 1891/30's and some M44's, I've never seen an 1891/59. Except in photos. But yeah, one of those would work

Rhino12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    LonSch is correct. The M44s were zero'd in with their bayonets extended. Not saying it can't/shouldn't be done, but you will need to make sight adjustments to the gun afterward.

n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    LonSch is correct. The M44s were zero'd in with their bayonets extended. Not saying it can't/shouldn't be done, but you will need to make sight adjustments to the gun afterward.

Yeah, I had already figured on that. I won't do it to an M44' but I would consider modding one of the Chinese rifles.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Has anyone tried to remove the bayonet and mounting "lump" from a Mosin M44? I'm talking about doing a nice job of it, effectively ending up with am M38 style rifle. I'm not wanting to try to fool anyone, I'd rather have an M38 but they are hard to find at a decent price.
    I love my M44 and I don't plan to attack IT, but I was thinking about one of the poor scabby looking Chinese clones that Bradis has right now.
    Thanks
    Allan's Armory has a couple of M38's in stock right now for $255. The stocks are a little rough, and they're actually M44 stocks, but judging by what I've heard and experienced with him, I'm guessing they would be nice rifles... http://www.allans-armory.com/aaresult.php?PageId=35

062113RU_0003-web.jpg

062113RU_0005-web.jpg

Top Bottom