• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9mm Luger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I have been trying to call the Elkhart county Sheriff's dept to find out what hours I can apply, but the phone forwards to the correctional facility.
    Elkhart County Sheriff's Department

General information to obtain records
    The records division of the Elkhart County Sheriff's Department is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Due to the time necessary for processing, requests for fingerprints and handgun permits must be initiated by 3:30 p.m.

FishersCPA

Plinker
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    Fishers
    I would recommend the lifetime license and if possible enroll in the non-resident Utah course which would expand your CCW permit to 32 states.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I dropped Sheriff Brown a note yesterday and he replied that his wish is to have Tippecanoe Co. online by end of August. This would please me greatly. :)

Blessings,
    Bill

A few days ago, I followed up with Sheriff Brown to ask about this, as I still do not see Tippecanoe County on the list. He replied yesterday that he is not sure what the other law enforcement agencies in Tippecanoe County are going to do, but says that the sheriff's office is moving forward with the process to migrate to the electronic filing of the applications. He added that they are a little behind schedule, but he hopes to complete the training this month and implement the new process in October.

I file for mine in December, so I'm still OK with this. I'd prefer to see it sooner than later, but I'm pleased it's still moving forward. Thought you folks in the area would want to know. :)

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Citizens living in the following 25 counties may now apply online for their LTCH prior to visiting the CLEO to get printed.

ALLEN
    BARTHOLOMEW
    BOONE
    BROWN
    CASS
    CLARK
    CLINTON
    DELAWARE
    ELKHART
    FLOYD
    GREENE
    HARRISON
    HENDRICKS
    HOWARD
    JACKSON
    JENNINGS
    LAWRENCE
    MARION
    MIAMI
    MONROE
    OWEN
    PORTER
    SCOTT
    WASHINGTON
    WELLS

The site to do so is http://aries.in.gov/Firearms/Permit.aspx.

This, BTW, is 25 of 92 counties in Indiana, or 27%, with more counties adding this capability on an infrequent basis.

Blessings,
    Bill

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    So I filled out my application online a few weeks ago, but a car repair came up. So I waited. Today I went in to the Elkhart Co Sheriffs office, to get my fingerprints and criminal history check and I thought the ball was going to be rolling today. Instead they had me fill out a self addressed envelope and told me when I receive my history check in the mail to send it to The Indiana state police, with my fingerprint card and a money order for $75

WoG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Plainfield
    Ok, I'm trying to figure out what I can do to make this as smooth as possible.

I live in Plainfield, and I want a lifetime handgun license. I have no prior gun license.

The Application for Handgun License website says $75 - do I need another $60 for a local fee or something?

I've heard I need to go to Danville first to get the payment, then go to Plainfield PD with the payment receipt to get fingerprinted. Is this true? Who should I call to make sure I do this in the right order, etc.

Thanks for your help!
    Jesse

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Ok, I'm trying to figure out what I can do to make this as smooth as possible.

I live in Plainfield, and I want a lifetime handgun license. I have no prior gun license.

The Application for Handgun License website says $75 - do I need another $60 for a local fee or something?

I've heard I need to go to Danville first to get the payment, then go to Plainfield PD with the payment receipt to get fingerprinted. Is this true? Who should I call to make sure I do this in the right order, etc.

Thanks for your help!
    Jesse
    total of $125
    $75 to the state police
    $50 to local
    If you live in the city limits, it will be your city police dept. If you live outside the city limits it will be your co. Sheriffs dept. They will finger print you and either send it to the state for you, or give it to you to send to the state. Which is how they do it in Elkhart co. where I live.

glockjho15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    my permit came in fast only 2 weeks two days, all i had to do was go to my local city police department and fill out the paperwork get fingerprinted and send the paperwork to indy.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Woohoo! Got some mail from the ISP yesterday with a piece of pink paper in it! :rockwoot: It took just under six weeks to process the lifetime LTCH and send it back here.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just sent my renewal in on Monday and my son sent in his initial app at the same time. BTW, I took it to the post office and it weighed in as 88 cents postage. Use two stamps when you send it in.

Top Bottom