• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    So I have a friend that is wanting to buy a pistol. Problem is he doesn't know what he wants. He does know that he and his wife both have to like it, that is where the big problem comes into play. I also got out of him that he wants a semi-auto, not a revolver. He wants to find a gun store that has range guns so that he can try them out before he makes a decision. Problem is the only one I can think of is Pop's. He already went there. I prefer that we don't go into that part to much. What other guns stores have a range with demo guns that he can try out? :dunno:

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Indy Trading Post had a few. Not sure what all they had since I had taken my own.

Also, some members will meet at a range to try a specific model if you reimburse for ammo. Just one of the many great things about this community.

Jenel

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Johnson County
    Pop's Guns used to have quite a few, it has however been quite a while since I've been there. Don's Guns too, I don't like Don's at all, but if you just want to get a feel for it they might have some range gun that others don't. Never know until you call.

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    He could go to Don's and rent some guns there. I did that once early on. It was also the only time I ever saw someone shoot a shotgun at an indoor range. And by shoot a shotgun, I mean they shot the ceiling with a shotgun.

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    He could go to Don's and rent some guns there. I did that once early on. It was also the only time I ever saw someone shoot a shotgun at an indoor range. And by shoot a shotgun, I mean they shot the ceiling with a shotgun.

Bullseye in Kokomo allows shotguns, just as long as they are slugs, no shotshells aloud

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    ITP has semi autos and revolvers. I know they have a Glock 17 and a 27 because I've worked on them but I don't recall what else, probably 8 or 10 pistols. The staff there is very helpful and the range is nice. Range time and rental is also cheaper there than Pop's.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Try finding INGO members in your area, and see if your friend can go shooting with them. MOST members here are more than happy to show off and let people try out their guns.

I would go, but I'm way up north.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    About 6-8 years ago my friend and I would go to Don's to shoot. All I had was my Remington 870 12g. I usually unloaded 25-50 shells then shot what ever he took... I did have someone hand me a shell to shoot... took out a ceiling tile. Think it was a turkey nitro... but i have slept and drank since then.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom