• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    It is a joke as are those engaged in the update threads to boost their post count.

Nothing to do with boosting post count... The status update thread is 99% comprised of people chatting, who actually know each other in the real world. The ongoing conversation results in higher post counts for those who participate, but it's simply a byproduct and not the goal.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I don't do rep pyramids and so I suppose my rep, if displayed, would be honest.

The Rep Pyramids have made the Reputation System into a farce. When I first joined 3 years ago or so and saw those I turned my rep off. I was disgusted. And while I understand the Update Threads, I don't really see them as useful either. Yeah, the Break Room is for non-firearm stuff, including jokes and all of that stuff but it seems to detract from the overall feel of a Firearms Discussion Forum for me. If you all want to gab about things, Skype or G+ or whatever other video call makes these a lot more fun than posting a couple of words and then reloading the page until someone responds with a couple of their own. I do then and I even browse INGO while I do so.

I sort of get a kick out of folks who are engaged in either the pyramids or the updates or both and complaining about people who join and never add to the discussions. Yeah, they need to get into one of these two things, which are the bulk of most complainer's posts, and try to get into the "In-Crowd"...:rolleyes:

Maybe that is why I am usually on the outside looking in, and shaking my head. :dunno:

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    the rep pyramids made the rep system a joke indeed.

If it were up tome, the rep system would disappear.
    It is a joke as are those engaged in the update threads to boost their post count.

I will rep 1911ly anyway as his post makes it all shown for what it is....

Agree with ya there.... You got a Rep for that. :)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    the rep pyramids made the rep system a joke indeed.

If it were up tome, the rep system would disappear.

I will rep 1911ly anyway as his post makes it all shown for what it is....

Nothing to do with boosting post count... The status update thread is 99% comprised of people chatting, who actually know each other in the real world. The ongoing conversation results in higher post counts for those who participate, but it's simply a byproduct and not the goal.

This. A lot of us know each other in the real world. Either through INGO Meet and Eats, Meet and Shoots, work, or whatever.

Why would we try to boost our post count? Admittedly some try to get it to a round number. But so what?
    Overall, what does it matter? It doesn't affect your home life, work life, or social life.

judging from the "conversations" in them most of the posts are unspoken inside info... whatever.

Because, as was said before, a lot of us know each other. Or spend WAY too much time on INGO.

The Rep Pyramids have made the Reputation System into a farce. When I first joined 3 years ago or so and saw those I turned my rep off. I was disgusted. And while I understand the Update Threads, I don't really see them as useful either. Yeah, the Break Room is for non-firearm stuff, including jokes and all of that stuff but it seems to detract from the overall feel of a Firearms Discussion Forum for me. If you all want to gab about things, Skype or G+ or whatever other video call makes these a lot more fun than posting a couple of words and then reloading the page until someone responds with a couple of their own. I do then and I even browse INGO while I do so.

I sort of get a kick out of folks who are engaged in either the pyramids or the updates or both and complaining about people who join and never add to the discussions. Yeah, they need to get into one of these two things, which are the bulk of most complainer's posts, and try to get into the "In-Crowd"...:rolleyes:

Maybe that is why I am usually on the outside looking in, and shaking my head. :dunno:

Well, when you buy INGO and run it, I guess you can get rid of it.
    Once again, if you don't participate in the update thread, why get concerned about it? It's not costing you money or pain?

And most of the complaining about "never add to the discussions" are about people under 50 posting things like "1", "2", or other stuff to get to 50 for the classifieds. I don't think I've seen a mod complain about it. Except maybe to tell someone that a member's post is a "quality" post, so he's not worried about it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Wow.....picking on the updates is sacrilege man. Sacrilege.

Do you realize that most everyone in the OSUT are actually "Real" friends in the "Real" world.

We shoot together. Break bread together. Text and actually speak in person.

When one of us is hurt or needs help many will respond with out being asked. How do I know this. I count about every person save a few (that I have not gotten around to meeting FTF) friend. Not unlike you.

Please do not cast a shadow over something you do not understand.

Now this rep thing.............:scratch:

:shady:

Last edited:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side

Do you realize that most everyone in the OSUT are actually "Real" friends in the "Real" world.

When one of us is hurt or needs help many will respond with out being asked. How do I know this. I count about every person save a few (that I have not gotten around to meeting FTF) friend. Not unlike you.

Now this rep thing.............:scratch

this, a few years back I was having financial issues. My car battery was dying and I had to have it hooked to a trickle charger every night so it would start the next morning. One of the OSUT members, bought a battery, brought it to my work and installed it, free of charge. But then again when he was working on the same vehicle another time, I paid him for this one, I was under the car trying to help with something and he dropped a wrench on my face. no harm no foul.

These people in that thread I consider very real friends and I would give the shirt off my back for any one of them. :shady:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    this, a few years back I was having financial issues. My car battery was dying and I had to have it hooked to a trickle charger every night so it would start the next morning. One of the OSUT members, bought a battery, brought it to my work and installed it, free of charge. But then again when he was working on the same vehicle another time, I paid him for this one, I was under the car trying to help with something and he dropped a wrench on my face. no harm no foul.

These people in that thread I consider very real friends and I would give the shirt off my back for any one of them. :shady:

To any one looking in it might be hard to understand either the rep or status groups.
    Thing is, it is so easy to chime in and be a part.

I posted up in the OSUT one night not knowing what to expect. I am so glad that I did.
    Post count, yeah it boosted mine up just a wee bit. So what.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    What is this Update Thread he speaks of? Sounds like fun.......:shady:

I'll bet those people don't even have guns.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage

Now this rep thing.............:scratch

You forgot stalking.

You might want to close your shades.

Top Bottom