• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • raptrbreth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    Long story short I have to send a Henry Big Boy back to the factory for repairs. They sent me a postage paid authorization but I am wondering, if anyone has the experience they are willing to share, how to package it for return.

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    Go to Gander or Cabela's and buy a plastic hard case to ship it in, if you want your stock to survive the round trip.

Tape the case shut heavily, then build a cardboard box around that with shipping tape and the longest pieces of cardboard you can find.

raptrbreth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    Feed issues. The rifle got stuck, halfway through the cycle, and refused to allow the lever to return home. The gunsmith at Henry wrote on the invoice but I cannot read his writing.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I had a similar issue with mine along with breaking the firing pin. I guess there was a burr on the loading ramp. I'm about to send it back to the factory because the front magazine band has worked its way loose in the dovetail. Love the rifle, but for the price point, I didn't expect to have to send it to the factory twice...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am glad to hear of the good CS that you received. Of course, not needing great CS is always preferable.

Top Bottom