• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    It's amazing with the millions of gun owners in the US that we can't even muster a measly 100,000 signatures on an online petition.

If this were for building the death star or making it mandatory for cats to wear purple bow ties it would be signed in no time...

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Yup, pretty unreal.

It's amazing with the millions of gun owners in the US that we can't even muster a measly 100,000 signatures on an online petition.

If this were for building the death star or making it mandatory for cats to wear purple bow ties it would be signed in no time...

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    64k. Got couple of my coworkers signed yesterday, too.

I remember a lot of the MG owners don't want to repeal the NFA because of their "investment" would lose value.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I signed at least 2 weeks ago and pimped the hell out of the link as well. Crazy it's taken this long and we still aren't at 100k. :(

Tim's Youtube Military Arms Channel account has 524,XXX subscribers. His followers alone should be able to get it to the 100k mark without issue. I don't understand this. I never understand this. They can get 100s of thousands of people to march around downtown with nothing on but a rainbow flag, but you can't get the millions of gun owners in the US to put forth the simplest of efforts.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Whip people into a frenzy with skewed statistics, half truths and crazy promises, throw in a few celebrity mouthpieces and the promise of nudity and yes, you can easily get several hundred thousand peole parading around yelling obscenities and staring at bare breasts.

The problem is 'our side' is using truth and proper statistics without the smattering of fear mongering and identity politics the other side uses.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Whip people into a frenzy with skewed statistics, half truths and crazy promises, throw in a few celebrity mouthpieces and the promise of nudity and yes, you can easily get several hundred thousand peole parading around yelling obscenities and staring at bare breasts.

The problem is 'our side' is using truth and proper statistics without the smattering of fear mongering and identity politics the other side uses.
    It's the same, no matter what the issue is. Petitions, letters, marches, gatherings, et al. It would seem, in my opinion, that most gun owners are either lazy or believe someone else will do it, so they don't need to; they are just one person, afterall. What difference can one person make?

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    What difference can one person make?

Ask that question to John Wilkes Booth, James Earl Ray, Lee Harvey Oswald, Mother Theresa, Madame Curie, Albert Einstein and so on. While this is an extreme example it does show the effect of a single person. I agree that people are inherently lazy and think someone else will do it. Sadly it is the few who actually get anything accomplished.
    Dan

ride22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Saw the petition for the Hughes Amendment wasn't getting much love.
    It sure isn't, but I think that most people don't know about it. I can't believe that neither have reached 100k yet. It is crazy, and almost as if everyone has fallen back a sleep.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It sure isn't, but I think that most people don't know about it. I can't believe that neither have reached 100k yet. It is crazy, and almost as if everyone has fallen back a sleep.
    a lot of gun owners are lazy or disconnected. We need to be more active as a group. The whiners will always cry and be active.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Nope, and it's not going to. No politician is going to vote to make select fire weapons legal again.

Select fire weapons are already legal, so wouldn't repealing the Hughes Amendment just mean that many more would be available on the market, but would still require going through the process of acquiring them under the NFA?

Top Bottom