Replacement parts for a Fox Tac Carbine?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Parke County
    I have a Fox Tac Carbine, a semi-auto, semi-clone of a Thompson, made in the 70's from what information I can find. The plastic buffer piece that keeps the bolt from hitting the receiver has wasted away to nothing over the years (looks like old nasty cheese). I'm afraid to shoot it, as I have seen pictures of destroyed receivers after people shooting them in the buffer-less condition most of them are in.

My question is, does anyone know of a place where I can find replacement parts for the gun? I have searched over the years, but to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    I have a Fox Tac Carbine, a semi-auto, semi-clone of a Thompson, made in the 70's from what information I can find. The plastic buffer piece that keeps the bolt from hitting the receiver has wasted away to nothing over the years (looks like old nasty cheese). I'm afraid to shoot it, as I have seen pictures of destroyed receivers after people shooting them in the buffer-less condition most of them are in.

My question is, does anyone know of a place where I can find replacement parts for the gun? I have searched over the years, but to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

There is still parts available. Here's a link to the buffer:
    The Fox Carbine
    And here's one on Gunbroker:
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=262644627

Last edited:
    Top Bottom