• ...and so much more!
  • ddewyse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    North Central Indiana
    Hello:
    My next C&R rifle purchse will be a Yugo M24/47 Mauser when I put away enough cash. I am looking on a few sites and see replacement / sporter stocks available. What type should I be looking at? Is the Yugo M24/47 7 7/8" action hole spacing or is it 7 5/8" hole spacing? I am thinking it is the 7 7/8" with the "large ring" action. Would I be correct. :ingo:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I was looking into the same thing. From what I have been told, Yugo and Czech Mausers are large ring, just like the 98s.

Gotta admit, the Boyd's JRS unfinished one looks great, more of a project, but what stock fitting isnt? :D

rjhans53

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    To let you know the barrel is a large ring but fireball is right it's an shorter action than a 98. If you are looking for a finished stock, good luck last time I knew there aren't any although boyds offers a finished laminate stock for 92 bucks. If you want to finish a stock boyd and richards microfit both have stocks. I have taken a bell & carlson 98 stock and redid the recoil lug screw hole, and then with 2 part epoxy bedded everything, filled in the holes and it worked pretty well. If you are going to do anything except shoot open sights or a scout mount scope you are going to have to get the bolt redone and grove the reciever to make it all work. Oh they are listed as a M48 stock, same action.

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    Modifying weapons bought on a C&R liscense will be no longer C&R and could get your butt in trouble with the ATF.

ddewyse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    North Central Indiana
    Don,
    I'm just looking to put the gun in a stock for hunting and maybe add a scope. All will be available to put the gun back to original configuration with very little work. Thanks for the info though.

Top Bottom