• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I think that my 8 or 9 year old Calypso Jr has been liberated. Last I saw it was when I started peeling an orange at work on Monday night, and then when I went to look for it Tuesday it was gone. I don't normally leave it out on my desk, but, I've never really worried about it either. Could be with a new owner, or maybe I accidentally threw it out, or maybe it's hiding somewhere. Maybe it will reappear one day... I loved that little knife. Disappeared in my pocket due to its light weight and small size; I broke two clips and decided not to buy a new one.

I'm pretty sure this is the one I had: Spyderco Calypso Jr. Gray FRN

It was the only pocket knife I've carried, except a Leatherman I got last year that feels heavy in my pocket. So I'm going to miss it pretty quickly and am now looking for something to replace it and hope it shows back up one day.

I'm thinking about these three so far:
    Spyderco Delica4 Flat Ground FRN
    Spyderco Native FRN
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-Carbon-Fiber-Plain-Knife/dp/B0013AW8Y2/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1365560358&sr=1-1&keywords=spyderco+sage"]Amazon.com: Spyderco Sage Carbon Fiber Plain Edge Knife: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

Anything else in a similar size and $100-ish price range I should consider? Any of those seem "better" than the others? Anyone have a Calypso Jr. they want to send off to a new home?

It's just my simple pocket knife... opening boxes, cutting fruit, cleaning fingernails... doesn't need to be too incredibly fancy.

Last edited:

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I won a used Native from PaleRider on this forum, and I gotta tell you, this thing never leaves my side anymore. It is a fantastic little knife. You wouldn't go wrong getting one.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I have carried a brace of Native IIIs for several years now. I lost one awhile back, and it stayed gone for a couple months. Turns out I had dropped it in the snow while at work. One of my employees found it and returned it to me. Wiped off what little rust I could see, sharpened the blade, oiled up the action, worked the crap out of it, and it's back in service, good as new.

Can't say enough good things about Spyderco, or about the Native in particular. Love mine!

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I know someone that is suppose to be getting them (Caly3-Super Blue) next week, they are being shipped out this week.:)

Neat. What do you think about the Super Blue steel? Good for an knife that lives in my pocket and maybe doesn't receive the best care in the world?

See the picture on this thread: Rust on Super Blue? - Page 2 The coloring looks cool, but don't know if that's good or bad :dunno:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Neat. What do you think about the Super Blue steel? Good for an knife that lives in my pocket and maybe doesn't receive the best care in the world?

See the picture on this thread: Rust on Super Blue? - Page 2 The coloring looks cool, but don't know if that's good or bad :dunno:

I really don't have any experience with Super Blue steel or know anyone that has. The Caly 3 with Super Blue steel will be the first knives that I have had with this steel. I do know from reading, Super Blue is suppose to have excellent edge retention and corrosion resistance properties. If Spyderco is using it, I would bet that it is good to go.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Bad news is that I cleaned my desk at work and didn't find it. Good news is that I took things out of my backpack and found it buried in a small pocket. Wonder why I put it there? Bad news is that I still want to get another knife now! ;)

Here it is with my Fisher bullet pen

MQpCWDO.jpg

Last edited:

prowland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Greenwood
    The sage in carbon fiber is my favorite knife that I own. I do plan on getting the other versions of the same blade here soon.

Top Bottom