Republicans vs. Democrats 2024: How Will the Election Affect Ammo Supply and Demand?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Target Sports USA

Plinker
    Industry Partner
    Nov 22, 2022

Ingomike

Top Hand
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Read an in depth article on types of guns purchased when the president is dem vs. repub. If a Demi’s elected buyers prefer to buy more less expensive guns or quantity, and if repub they are more likely to buy higher end guns or quality…

xwing

Expert
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Read an in depth article on types of guns purchased when the president is dem vs. repub. If a Demi’s elected buyers prefer to buy more less expensive guns or quantity, and if repub they are more likely to buy higher end guns or quality…

Makes sense. If a Dem wins, they want to ban everything they can get away with, so it's good to buy as many as you can. If a Republican wins, they are likely to be pro-2a, so buy the guns you really want...

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    From what I’ve seen, factories have ramped up and new ammo is very plentiful right now. Never a bad idea to split a case with a friend or just order it for yourself as we forget the high priced hard to find times of the plandemic.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The election seems to have less to do with ammo availability than other factors, like bad mass shootings or mostly peaceful protests. Now an election closely following one of those can exasperate the problem.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Something to keep in mind related to this issue. As "we" allow our NRA to get marginalized by a lot of our own, is the big picture being effected by a neutered NRA?

Right or wrong, with arguments on the cost of Wayne's suits, semantics on policy, past "compromises," etc, have we shot down our ONLY congressional 2A lobby?

Notice the happenings around the nation of politicians who used to fear the wrath of a poor NRA rating.

Are we stubbornly letting our 2A slip away so "we" can be right about hating on the NRA?

:scratch:

Last edited:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    That was what some here told CM when he suggested stocking up before the great ammo shortage…
    We all know we should be buying when we can. Putting out a "OMG tHe dEmS aRe gOnNa taKe iT aLl aWaY!" by a site that..... duh duh duuuuuhhhhh.... sells ammo? Nah that's using the dem playbook word for word.

cg21

Master
    May 5, 2012
    We all know we should be buying when we can. Putting out a "OMG tHe dEmS aRe gOnNa taKe iT aLl aWaY!" by a site that..... duh duh duuuuuhhhhh.... sells ammo? Nah that's using the dem playbook word for word.
    Can you show me anything showing that they don’t want to take everything away……..?

cg21

Master
    May 5, 2012
    I said Rhinos. All it takes are a handful of them to wash it all away as they've been doing.
    Ok… so you’re saying there are two different republicans that means there are two different democrats? Please list the “good ones” for me.

cg21

Master
    May 5, 2012
    There aren’t any….. I know. My point being atleast on the right there are people standing up. Even if it isn’t all of them. In contrast all of the left is standing up…. Except they are all standing against 2a

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    There aren’t any….. I know. My point being atleast on the right there are people standing up. Even if it isn’t all of them. In contrast all of the left is standing up…. Except they are all standing against 2a
    Look at the Indy Mayoral race. It's a Dem or a Dem running as a R. Same coin, same outcome. The illusion of choice is just that, an illusion. I don't know what the answer is to fix it though. Doing the same things we've been doing over and over with the same results doesn't seem to be the correct one though.

And a shop spinning up fear to sell more product is, IMO, underhanded and reprehensible. I for one do not support nor condone that behavior.

cg21

Master
    May 5, 2012
    Look at the Indy Mayoral race. It's a Dem or a Dem running as a R. Same coin, same outcome. The illusion of choice is just that, an illusion. I don't know what the answer is to fix it though. Doing the same things we've been doing over and over with the same results doesn't seem to be the correct one though.

And a shop spinning up fear to sell more product is, IMO, underhanded and reprehensible. I for one do not support nor condone that behavior.

I mean look at every election…. (As long as I have been paying attention 20+ years) almost ALWAYS a big buy before during and depending who wins following the elections midterms and to a greater extent presidential years….. so are they really stoking anything or just stating facts….?

I agree the answer is NOT doing the same things over n over but obviously our options are limited. I look at it as…. Once a dem wins the COIN flip is over…. Atleast if there is an R there is another flip of a coin.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That is not what they said. Please show the quote…

Top Bottom