• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I was recently contacted by a guy I sold a truck to. He was very impressed with my Great Dane and how healthy and happy she is. Having a Great Dane himself that looked almost like her.

Long story short, He has a Great Dane. Lost it to his girlfriend when they broke up. Took it from her, when he saw the dog was lost weight and was down to 70 pounds. Animal control is on his back, saying he's not feeding the dog, even though it's grained 30 pounds since with him and has vet checks to show it's okay.
    He doesn't have a place to keep the dog. It's in a create all day except when he walks her the 3 times a day.

He wants a better life for the dog and knows I can do that. Only problem is I have 4 dogs of my own 2 of which are rescue dogs. In short I have a full house myself. I feel bad for the dog and know I can give her a better life, but another dog would really put a strain on us right now.

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Oh that poor dog! Finding a home for a big guy is really tough right now.

How old is the dog? Any pictures? I can try putting out feelers for a home, but we're over run at the shelter right now. Just not enough homes.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    Oh that poor dog! Finding a home for a big guy is really tough right now.

How old is the dog? Any pictures? I can try putting out feelers for a home, but we're over run at the shelter right now. Just not enough homes.

He says he's not going to trust putting her anywhere, since the last time that happen (with his x) she was neglected and lost got down to 70 pounds.
    He said he was really impressed with my dogs and the life they had. We live on 4 acres in a forestry and our dogs have the free run of 2 of those acres. He was impressed on how well behaved they are and their overall health.

He said I was the only one he was going to trust with her. He's really trying to do what's best for the dog. He loves this dog very much, but with his break up he doesn't have a house to keep her in now, just a small apartment.

I know a guy who runs a Great Dane rescue and they are very good with their dogs. I may see if he would consider them to take her.

euby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    West Newton
    How bout some pics. I have bread and raised English mastiffs for years and have recently gotten away from breeding. Sold or lost all of mine except one....and might be able to help out.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Sometimes you just have to follow your heart. Do what you can live with. The number of dogs you have doesn't matter nearly as much as their temperaments. I already had three dogs when I decided to keep my foster beagle because he blended in with the others and I barely knew he was here. Also I couldn't stand the thought of anyone ever mistreating him again.

My mom, her golden retriever and my niece's pitty mix have been spending the past week with us. So right now I have 6 dogs free roaming in the house and it's not much different than when it's just the four. Luckily they are all fairly calm, potty trained and well behaved. When they get too hyper I send them out in the fenced in yard to unwind.

ranger2k

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Franklin
    Can we get some more details, age, current weight, pics etc ? We have 2 danes ourselves, had 3 but lost our eldest dane around this time last year. With more info I can spread the word as well.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    This guy is doing right. Some of these bureaucrats need to look for something more worth their time instead of an easy mark.

Top Bottom