• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I won't be drawn into a silly argument about attempting to assign a finite number of experiences to trust/mistrust. People form opinions based on experience. Life experiences vastly differ.

You're the one who wanted to interject your opinion. If you can't defend the generalization of over 800,000 people, that's on you. I personally, tend not to trust the individual who makes such sweeping states of any group of persons.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    You're the one who wanted to interject your opinion. If you can't defend the generalization of over 800,000 people, that's on you. I personally, tend not to trust the individual who makes such sweeping states of any group of persons.

You're correct--It's totally on me. Just like everyone else on this forum, I have a right to interject my opinion where I please. Arguing on the internet typically doesn't solve anything, especially when both sides are very set in their ways. Or maybe we could take this to the politics section for some real fun!

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Any dissatisfaction should be addressed when possible. If any one individual officer is allowed to maintain a standard less than generally accepted, it only hurts the whole. Those who have deep seated resentments may never get peace, especially if they have not pursued a complaint to its logical resolution. They can express their hatred and anger, but it will not bring about changes for good nor give them any satisfaction. For those who say that law enforcement officers are mostly bad, well, I can't buy what they are selling. The problem, it would seem is the complainer. I don't know how much it costs per hour on the couch to get relief.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Any dissatisfaction should be addressed when possible. If any one individual officer is allowed to maintain a standard less than generally accepted, it only hurts the whole. Those who have deep seated resentments may never get peace, especially if they have not pursued a complaint to its logical resolution. They can express their hatred and anger, but it will not bring about changes for good nor give them any satisfaction. For those who say that law enforcement officers are mostly bad, well, I can't buy what they are selling. The problem, it would seem is the complainer. I don't know how much it costs per hour on the couch to get relief.

This I agree with completely. The only time in my life I have seen an officer act in a completely unprofessional manner, was back when I was in high school. The highway patrolman who was a jerk, was publicly humiliated for his actions, and was fired. And in the 40 years since, I have not seen one act unprofessionally. Sure, I have read stories, but have not seen it personally. And I have worked with or around officers now for nearly 30 years, in several different careers.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    This I agree with completely. The only time in my life I have seen an officer act in a completely unprofessional manner, was back when I was in high school. The highway patrolman who was a jerk, was publicly humiliated for his actions, and was fired. And in the 40 years since, I have not seen one act unprofessionally. Sure, I have read stories, but have not seen it personally. And I have worked with or around officers now for nearly 30 years, in several different careers.
    They certainly are human, under a lot of pressure and have good and bad days. That's not making excuses for poor or criminal behavior. The bad apples need to be dealt with.

Top Bottom