• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Here is a response from Donnelly. He of course is not my favorite. Enjoy reading this double talk which includes the I do not want to tick you off, but I am sticking to my anti-gun freedom sucking agenda.

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office about S. 649, the Safe Communities, Safe Schools Act of 2013. As you may know, I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and have consistently voted to protect the rights of law-abiding gun owners. Like all Americans, I was shaken to my core by the senseless murders of 20children in Newtown, Connecticut, and it is only reasonable for all of us to consider ways to reduce the likelihood of a tragedy like Newtown from ever happening again.
    Whether a gun owner or not, we can all agree that we can take steps to reduce violent crime without sacrificing the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens. My concern, throughout this debate, was not with those who follow the law, but with those who do not. For this reason, I opposed proposals to ban assault weapons and continued my longtime support for national recognition of Indiana licenses to carry.
    We, however, also know that too many individuals with criminal records or serious mental illnesses are getting guns by exploiting loopholes in the current system and, in the process, endangering the lives of others and the rights of law-abiding gun owners. In fact, history has shown that Congress begins reexamining gun laws only when someone who should not have a gun in the first place uses that weapon to commit mass murder.
    To that end, I supported the Manchin-Toomey amendment to improve the background check system, and to prevent terrorists, criminals, and the mentally ill from jeopardizing the rights of law-abiding citizens. This amendment would require instant background checks for sales made at gun shows or over the Internet, but would ensure that parents, friends, and neighbors could engage in private transfers just as they do now. In addition, the amendment reaffirmed current federal law that no information obtained in a background check could be used to establish a federal registry of firearms.
    As you may know, the Manchin-Toomey amendment did not pass the Senate and the Safe Communities, Safe Schools Actwas pulled from consideration. As Congress continues to debate proposals to responsibly improve our gun laws while also protecting the Second Amendment, I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind.

It is a privilege to represent you and all Hoosiers in the U.S. Senate. Your continued correspondence is welcome and helps me to better represent our state. I encourage you to write, call, or email if my office can ever be of assistance. You can also check out my Facebook page and follow me on Twitter by visiting my

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Canned response

Same response I got, word for word. Most likely composed by a staffer. I doubt Donnelly ever saw our emails, petitions, etc. Of course, this doesn't mean we should stop writing. Keep those staffers off the street and out of trouble. :rolleyes:

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Yeah, that reminds me, I have not contacted them even once this week. I am up to 3, but we need to not relax!
    The Ruger site is quick and easy. See signature!

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte
    got the same response. In other words he just tried to make it sound like he was Pro-2A with those votes he made to amendments that had no chance to pass.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I felt left out when you all posted this ... I didn't have a single reply ...

BUT NOW ... I think you guys must not be writing enough

I got at least 6 of the same letter yesterday to my many various e-mails.
    :dunno::lmfao:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    The ONLY way to prevent the 'mentally deranged' is to prohibit ANY person who has EVER been prescribed ANY sort of mood-altering, or 'mood stabilizer' medication, which COULD include some types of medication for things like heart problems, epilepsy, etc.;

AND prohibit anyone who has ever seen a psychiatrist, psychologist, therapist, or counselor, including marriage and/or family counseling, since these types of situations CAN be emotionally stressful and alter the mindset of some folks.

The only way to find and prohibit them is for EVERY person submitting to a background check to have any and all of their medical and/or mental health records released for review to those conducting the background checks. :bash:

Works for me! I'll be able to pick up some guns from all those new 'prohibited' people!

I'll be paying $.006 on the dollar, so please have your 'evil weapons' ready for inspection when you come to my 'buyback' table.:D

Hey, even IF I'm only paying $3.60 for a $600 firearm, that's STILL MORE than the 'confiscation crowd' is gonna pay ya! :woot:

Or, I suppose... I COULD stick up for the rights of all those people, even though I don't fall into that category.

I guess that's what I'll do... :patriot:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I got the exact same letter. When I came to the part about Manchin-Toomey and UBC crap, my blood pressure went up. The part about him voting against the AWB made me chuckle. I guess since he voted against the AWB, that's supposed to make him a great "friend" to the 2A. Give me a break...

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I got the exact same letter. When I came to the part about Manchin-Toomey and UBC crap, my blood pressure went up. The part about him voting against the AWB made me chuckle. I guess since he voted against the AWB, that's supposed to make him a great "friend" to the 2A. Give me a break...

I thought he voted for it

rlspach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    He thinks that we'll sell a little more liberty by voting for national reciprocity which he knew wouldn't pass. He thinks that will make him appear "gun-friendly" while still staying in good graces with the Democratic party leadership.

He doesn't get it. I hope the NRA flips him to an "F".

45Guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I got the same BS, he might as well have given me a one finger salute. Pryer to that I got a response from barry husian the looter which I did not read, because I could not get past how wrong the salutation was which was Dear Friend.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I also contacted him about the sales tax thing over intenet purchases. He pretty much said that he was for more sales tax. I am so tired of politicians!

LGDawg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Indy
    I got the same response on Tuesday. Probably the same day everyone else got that response. Oh well, I am going to keep sending the letters in. Either he will figure it out, or we will vote him out.

Top Bottom