• ...and so much more!
  • MPD179

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    Hello gents,

I recently came across a PolyTech under folder that was involved in a house fire. A close friend of mine sold her to me for $25 and was going to try to restore her. She was in a fire safe during the fire and the wood is still in good condition & intact. I soaked the AK in CLP, let it sit over night, and gave her a light scrubbing with 0000 grade steel wool. The only things missing is the receiver cover & grip.

While getting a Google education on restoring her, I noticed it may be unsafe for restoring due to loss of the heat treatment? As good as she looks with a few hours of a little work I'm having a problem believing it. Then again, I'm no expert and asking for more knowledgeable opinions.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    While getting a Google education on restoring her, I noticed it may be unsafe for restoring due to loss of the heat treatment? As good as she looks with a few hours of a little work I'm having a problem believing it. Then again, I'm no expert and asking for more knowledgeable opinions.

You have to get the temp of the rifle over ~800F (red) to affect the heat treatment. That is why you have to be careful which way you point the MAPP torch when you spot treat the ejector. If the wood is fine, that's a pretty good sign the rifle didn't reach those temperatures.

I'd be happy to double your money and pay you $50 for her. :)

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    What The Wabbit said ^^^.

If the wood didn't burn it didn't get that hot...see Fahrenheit 451 for reference. That was a heck of a deal. :ar15:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I will quadruple your money... Screw these cheap bastards...and also that gun is probably ruined. And also I'll come to you to get it. And also clay, trigger time, tradertator, and matcfii are all broke convicted felons and liars. This info will come into play shortly... I'd just add them to your ignor list right now to avoid the lies and hostlile sexual advances.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    DD, why would you feel it's ok to pm me just to insult MPD's mother? He's a stand up guy and his mom is a saint! Side note, you should probably get that warrant taken care of. When you get downtown tell the guard you want segregation as inmates are violent towards those who get inappropriate with children.

MPD, I'll give you 5x what you paid to make up for the horrible things DD said.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Ill trade you my shark with a laser on its head.

Now before you go and listen to the negative things about me that are sure to be said keep this in mind. My first name is Nicholas, which is strikingly similar to Santa Clauses first name, therefore by coloration I am damn near santa clause and anything bad said about me "COULD" also be construed as being said about him.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    DD, why would you feel it's ok to pm me just to insult MPD's mother? He's a stand up guy and his mom is a saint! Side note, you should probably get that warrant taken care of. When you get downtown tell the guard you want segregation as inmates are violent towards those who get inappropriate with children.

By the way your neighbor called. He wants his thong back.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    yeah i live in NWI ill buy it right NOW for 100ish. Dont listen to vitamink he wants to get one over on you. I am a upstanding citizen and would only pay fair value for such a ruined item. Sell to me and know i wont sell it for 5 times what i paid you in less then a week. After the week mark i cant guarentee anything though.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Quick how do you delete a post?!!!!

You mean this post?

Once I get this deal, I'll trade you. I'd love to hurl a laser shark at my enemies. Help me out here before he realizes what he has and I'll help you. Win/win.... And one loser hahahaha (diabolical laughter)

As long as nobody quotes it you can just edit it... If it gets quoted though we are screwed.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    First off don't listen to dosproduction. Q: who uses an antiquated operating system like dos anyways? A: no one. Besides he has 624 posts... 620 of them were candid snapshots of him in the shower. I've seen people do some ridiculous crap on here just to get in the classifieds, but that takes the cake. He also made a YouTube video of him trying to field goal punt a puppy over i65. The kick was short. YouTube took the graphic video down due to complaints.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I'm a good boy! I was trying to turn my life around! I dint do nuffin!

Top Bottom