Revere's Riders 2-day Field Rifle at Camp Atterbury, IN (July 23-24)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    With a one week lead time I don't expect we will be anywhere near sold out. Alan is offering free Vortex stuff and there still isn't that much demand for distance opportunities. I remember a thread on INGO once where folks were going to have an open carry rally on the circle. It got something like 200 replies and 150 "be there"s. In the end five people showed up.

Like many cultures, the gun culture has a lot of....vocality. Realistically, though, few people want to commit to several things that can be exposed by an event like this (unknown environments and people, lack of ability (either skill or physical ability to experience it, lack of fitness [yes I know it's not grueling or anything but some folk just don't want to be faced with carrying your rifle/ammo/water all day], or poor self-awareness). I comisurate with those people. I hate new things. I hate humidity. I hate being faced with the potential of my own failures.

Some folks out there want to make themselves better. That's who I want. I've done too much of this to worry about numbers. I used to be part of an org that demanded numbers but had no understanding of what numbers meant. I'm over that. I want to do clinics for people that are trying to make themselves better and I don't care if it's two or five or fifty. Just be into it and you'll be all right with me.

Or could it be that with short notice people didn't have time to plan? Get ammo ready (buy, save up $$$ or reload), get permission from the boss (yeah we all know the wife rules), reschedule previous commitments, make range time to confirm zero (heck find a range where you can shoot centerfire), etc, etc.

Not so much different than RSVPs to a party, you are lucky if 50% of yes shows up.

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    As the Revere's Riders webmaster I can tell you that we were only notified last week that we would be allowed to run this event at Atterbury. It wasn't our plan to give folks just over 1 week's notice as we are quite aware that it takes planning and preparation to attend the event (not to mention run the event). That said, we felt that it was worth running the event, even on short notice, for those folks that could make it given that this is a very unique venue and opportunity.

If you can't make it this time, hopefully you can make it to the next Revere's Riders event at Camp Atterbury (or any of our other events!). If the Army cooperates, we will give more notice next time :-)

Having said all that, there are now only 11 spots remaining for this event (nearly half of the available tickets have been sold). If you are able to go we are happy to have you join us.

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Not throwing stones at anyone, just offering a another view as to why the low response.

Not at all, and all totally legit reasons. None of them get RobbyMac pumped up, though, so one's gotta employ the literary trick of presenting a difficult to surmount obstacle and building its influence then ending on a high note by suggesting a way to overcome it.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Not at all, and all totally legit reasons. None of them get RobbyMac pumped up, though, so one's gotta employ the literary trick of presenting a difficult to surmount obstacle and building its influence then ending on a high note by suggesting a way to overcome it.

I just didn't want to screw someone out of a 2 day stint, when I could only show up for one day. I figured that'd be unsportsmanlike conduct or something.

I'm just looking forward to the porta potty :D

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    plop palace? Poop coffin?
    The last one I attended, you had mentioned that the 'last minute notice' was a couple weeks (The wolf ammo shoot). The 'rub' was, a porta potty reservation took 3-4 weeks.

(FYI, we did just fine in that regard. Slim however took a ribbing by Matt (smiledoc) while 'using' the hedgerow after telling us to keep our scopes pointed downrange. Smiledoc said he tried, but his scope couldn't find/see anything)

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    That one I asked four weeks out, they told me they would be there, then they weren't. When I asked why they said they needed six weeks notice. When I asked the guy why he said they would be there when I called four weeks out he said, "thank you," and hung up. Killer customer service

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I hope everyone realizes the porta potty isn't a deal breaker for me (actually far from it).
    I just wanted to "employ the literary trick of presenting a difficult to surmount obstacle and building its influence then ending on a high note by suggesting a way to overcome it."

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    We have added a Saturday only ticket for this event. Hopefully, that will allow RobbyMaQ to attend and perhaps a few others. This is really an event worth going to if you have the time, even for one day.

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    Actually, I was there a few weeks ago on Range 6 and there were porta potties available at every range. You might need to walk a bit, but Riflemen are not afraid of a little jaunt right?

DAve

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    9 spots remaining for this event. The deadline to purchase a ticket is Monday at 5pm so we can get the required participant information to Atterbury.

Huntinfool

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    I just found this post, as I have not had time to get on in several months. Who do I need to contact to see if I'm qualified to attend this shoot. I know in the past I was for the A/S shoots but know this is a different (better) group.

- David

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I just found this post, as I have not had time to get on in several months. Who do I need to contact to see if I'm qualified to attend this shoot. I know in the past I was for the A/S shoots but know this is a different (better) group.

- David

From the event's sign-up page:

Prerequisites: Suggested — Basic Rifle or previous experience with CMP or NRA disciplines.

Have you attended an Appleseed or Revere's Riders Basic Rifle event? If so, you're good to go.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    firing line
    Awesome!

There were three spots about an hour ago when I posted the link to my facebook page. Oh boy... I wonder which "winner" on my friends list we'll see out there on the line.

Verls65

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Sooo, this may be a silly question....I know we need to carry everything with us...but on the subject of ammo, I'm assuming that I shouldn't pre-load mags (from my Appleseed experience) but what's the best way to carry 300-400 rounds loose around the course? Tupperware or leave them in the box? Just wondering?
    also I was going to bring a large cooler of water to share. Will we be in close proximity to the truck or at least a central place to leave it where it will be close, or should I plan on packing a canteen and just enough for personal load out?
    I am STOKED! A little birds told me that YHJ puts the FUN in Fundamentals!

Top Bottom