• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    This kit has been fun! I now have about 300 rounds in a couple hours with it and have enjoyed every minute. My wife even shot the kit today and got some Glock trigger time too!

I wanted to write this to show the functionality of its use. This kit offers something that real Glock pistols are somewhat short of; Failures in function and trigger time for pennies!

The kit comes with: 1 cleaning kit (barrel patches, cleaning rod, brush, rod attachments to aid in cleaning), 1 speed loader, 1 magazine, 1 complete upper for the G19/G23 and 1 small bottle of lubrication. For the price, I have found that I will save $$$ in the future. I LOVE shooting. And, have put many, many rounds through my CMMG kit for my AR too.

As ammo in still in limbo, coming down in price but still seems to be the gun cultures main weakness---availability, I have found that purchasing 5000 rounds of .22lr for less than the cost of 1000 rounds of 5.56 or 9mm and getting real trigger time has no measure in its usefulness.

I was able to get good groups with the pistol. The point with the purchase was to get trigger time in and work to keep the bad habits ‘at bay’!

Here is one group at about 8 yards using Federal Bulk. I had one failure to fire, which I consider training. Basically, it’s considered training because I sure don’t get a failure with the actual G19 upper running 9mm on a regular basis.

DSC00407.jpg

Here is a comparison picture of the Advantage Arms upper and the G19 upper.

DSC00408.jpg

DSC00409.jpg

And, finally it’s installed (in seconds) on the Glock lower.

DSC00411.jpg

Ammo: I obtained the best group with CCI Mini Mags ammo. Also, I recommend running a good 500 rounds through this kit for best function as well.

I ran PMC hyper velocity, Remington Golden Bullet and some Aguila 40 in the kit as well. With these brands, minus the Golden Bullet I had several failures as the kit is still new. CCI Mini Mags are the hottest and ran perfectly.

It seems that Advantage Arms may be starting to catch up on demand. It may start trickling soon. I was able to order 3 more factory magazines for the kit and received them in a week’s time.

Overall, I am pleased. I know there is a difference in recoil (not a whole lot actually) and learning the run the gun within the confines of recoil and the re-acquiring of the target of the 9mm is different; but, I am getting trigger time. I am also able to remove issues like flinching, trigger pull/push and critique myself on a regular basis for pennies instead of $$$. And that along is a super bonus.

Also, one of these days real soon I'll have a little boy who can shoot daddy's Glock for pennies too!:rockwoot:
    :ingo::patriot::yesway:

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I have been looking for a Buckmark for my daughter, but I may just try out a conversion kit for my 1911 and Glock 17 instead. I keep forgetting about conversion kits like these, thanks the the review!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Thanks for the review! I'm a big fan of what the .22 conversions offer in terms of cost savings. The fact that they 'pay for themselves' over time is kinda nice too!

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    We tried ours Saturday, a lot of fun to shoot indeed! :yesway:

This makes a way better .22 than most standalone .22's.

I wish someone made a magazine with more than 10 rounds though.

All Available

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    Nice review, I'm dying to get one of these....over on arfcom in the handguns>glock section there is someone talking about making a high cap mag for the conversion.......

Top Bottom