Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    th_DSC01197.jpg

th_DSC01198.jpg

th_DSC01255.jpg

With ammo prices what they are I was looking for a way to make my 22 shooting a little more interesting. I figured a moving target would do just that. I had seen the Caldwell Shootin gallery on TV before and it looked like it might be fun. I searched around the web and the best price I could find was $180, I bought one.
    Assembly wasn't to bad. I was ready to shoot in about an hour. It has 8 two inch circular targets. They rotate in a circle clockwise with four of the targets exposed at a time. They rotate on a drive chain that goes around a gearbox powered by a electric motor with rechargable battery. The components are protected by a steel cover. I am happy with the quality of the unit.

It runs for over four hours on a full charge. The battery takes almost that long to get a full charge with the supplied charger. When the targets are hit they fall back then automatically reset while going around the bottom of the targets rotation making it possible to continue shooting for hours without going down range if you can continue to see the targets. The only reason for a break in shooting may be after the targets are hit several times they can become difficult to see. I would suggest pleanty of orange target stickers or spray paint. At the minimum recomended safe distance of 75 feet from the target even after the targets were well saturated with hits I could still see them fairly well with my 4x scope but forget it with iron sights.

There is a warning on the instructions that it is for .22lr only and to be used at a minimum distance of 75 feet. I have put around 1500 rounds into it and am not tired of it. I am happy with my purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom