• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Winamac
    I would now like to present my review of the GE electric mini-gun, however ‘liking’ is not as easy as doing since I do not actually have access to one. I have made several attempts to obtain one but due to obvious problems with the phone system at the Pentagon, I keep getting disconnected. Not allowing a minor setback to deter me, I decided the easiest course of action is to just go ahead and build my own. How hard can it be? I already have a gun so all I need is the GE electric mini part and put the two together. I spent quite a bit of time googling this and it seems that the most popular result is the GE electric mini refrigerator… here is the one I choose with the gun mounted to it. Notice I decided to go with the tactical model.

picture.php

This gun has a nice ‘heft’ to it and seems to handle recoil well. I am not sure I would consider this for an everyday carry weapon though. Accuracy seems to be lacking a bit since it seems that most of the rounds hit a little low. In fact, they seem to hit about 2 feet in front of my shooting position but I attribute that to my grip… I think I may want to grip it higher and possibly use a support hand.

I wanted to include a few pictures of its performance at the range but setting the timer on the camera did not allow me enough time to run over and pick it up off the ground. I am sure with a few years of physical training I will be able to do this but there is a November 30th deadline on this contest. I am including a picture of the target though…

picture.php

I am well aware of the marketing advantage of getting your product pictured with a celebrity spokesperson and while I approached several, the only one I found that was able to actually lift the thing is our ol’ friend, R. Lee Ermey. Here is ‘Gunny’ with the gun.

picture.php

And another of him, telling me what he thought of it

picture.php

I know, I know… you are all wondering what accessories are available for this gun and to be quite honest, there seems to be a dearth of products for this so I had to make some of them myself. So far, I have this holster

picture.php

And as soon as I can find my tarp out in the garage, I will have a concealed version of this as well. Another convenient feature is it will keep your lunch and soda cool on a long day at the range, if you have a long enough extension cord. I recommend drinks with a lot of sugar and caffeine.

That is my review…. Whadda I win?

cbop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Winamac
    The stamp is inside the fridge. It is more protected in there.

Okay, back to writing up my review on a gun safe :):

zenbruno

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Haha, really enjoyed that, cbop! I appreciate anyone who thinks (and writes) outside of the box.

Now you've got me thinking....

cbop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Winamac
    Optics... I need optics!

I decided to take the minifridgegun out and do a little squirrel hunting. Somebody told me I should look into red dot sights. I was able to pick up a pack of these

picture.php

I gotta tell you, those squirrels are fast little buggers. By the time I caught them and slapped a red dot on them, I was too tired to pick up the dang gun. Those little [STRIKE]bast[/STRIKE] guys can climb trees like the dickens.

I found a used scope at a garage sale and mounted it to the gun. After driving to Ohio to retreive my targets, I think I need longer bullets since the ones I had didn't seem to make it all the way.

picture.php

Did I win yet?

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Rep sent! You had Mrs. lovemywoods and I both laughing with tears in our eyes. Especially the part about trying to slap red dots on the squirrels!!! :yesway:

Very creative and funny!

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    I repped too! I vote that he at least gets an INGO patch or hat from this. By far the most creative and funniest thing I have seen in a while.

Top Bottom