• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Never thought I would be doing a review about a $10 flashlight. Afterall, there are so many guns and accessories that have a better WOW factor. But for the money this little light is hard to beat!

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNDktMjAxMTAzMDYtMTE1Ni5qcGc.jpg

I purchased this light to carry on a recent flight to Mexico. I normally carry a SureFire E2DL Defender, but I was afraid that TSA would take it away from me. Even though the light is not prohibited on the flight, TSA can pretty much steal anything they want from passengers. I figured if they want to take a $10 light away from me then they can have it!

While in Mexico I took an unexpected plunge into the ocean. Long story but it involved a water ferry and an elderly lady. Needless to say I went for a swim and so did everything else in my pocket. Surprise, surprise the little Nebo still works after being buried in sand and washed in salt water. So, here I am writing about the product.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNTQtMjAxMTAzMDYtMTIwMi5qcGc.jpg

The Nebo runs off a single AA battery. This is a great thing if a person decides to carry the light abroad. AA batteries are everywhere and easy to purchase. Being an LED I would expect the light to run for quite a while on a battery.

Small and lightweight it easily fits into a pocket and is comfortable to hold. The rubber grip allows for a good hold. It is a little small to use as an impact weapon or defensive tool. The bezel is aggressive and I suppose it would hurt if it were pressed into soft tissue.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNTAtMjAxMTAzMDYtMTE1Ny5qcGc.jpg

The Nebo is constructed out of aluminum and seems to be very sturdy. The face of the light is plastic, but that is to be expected.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNTEtMjAxMTAzMDYtMTE1OC5qcGc.jpg

The switch for the light is in the back. It is easy to operate with the thumb. Unfortunately a person has to fully depress the button to turn it on or off with a click. Unlike my SureFire a partial press of the switch does not turn the light on. The tail cap is water proof (did I mention the ocean) and glows in the dark. This is actually a nice feature when you are trying to find your light setting on the nightstand.

On negative is that the Nebo is not very bright. At 35 lumens it is basically a utility light. Still very handy for finding your keys in the dark or looking behind the entertainment center. It does not throw the beam very far, so this is not the light of choice if you want to blind an opponent or search your house for the bad guy. The light it does provide is a nice soft, white beam that will work for sneaking into the bedroom after the wife is asleep. My only complaint is that the LED flickers a bit, probably due to the cheap switch and the battery not making the best connection.

Price is outstanding. $10! I think that is a great value for an aluminum light with LED that fits in your pocket. I was really impressed it survived my trip to Mexico. It was dunked in the ocean, covered in sand, and rode in my pocket during an ATV excursion. For the price I might pick up a few more. At $10 a person can afford to have a backup, put on in the gun safe, glove box, wife's purse.

I know that not all INGOers can justify an expensive light for EDC. But that does not mean that everyone can't have a light in their pockets. If price is a concern check out this little gem. And if you can't find one drop me a PM. They have a whole bunch at the ACE hardware in Scottsburg.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    Great review! We carry a number of their flash lights and they sell like crazy. Seen the new weapons lights they have?

Top Bottom