• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    While watching the Olympic games on channel 13, during the break, the new shows would be popping up for after the games. Revolution is one of them. It showed that all electronic things gone from lights to airplanes dropping from the sky. Then you'd see people who were supposed to save the day were using primitive weapons, like the crossbow, and swords. No gun? Guns don't need electric to fire, as long as there is powder and primer in the cases, it'd go bang, right?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ........ Guns don't need electric to fire, as long as there is powder and primer in the cases, it'd go bang, right?

Just make sure you keep your firing pin batteries fully charged and
    you won't have to worry about that. I usually put in a new set
    every 3 years anyhow just to make sure. They are kind of hard
    to do the first time but after that it's a breeze.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Just make sure you keep your firing pin batteries fully charged and
    you won't have to worry about that. I usually put in a new set
    every 3 years anyhow just to make sure. They are kind of hard
    to do the first time but after that it's a breeze.

That's the nice thing about an AR -- keep good li-ion batteries and just spend some time every night working the charging handle, all set for tomorrow.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    That's the nice thing about an AR -- keep good li-ion batteries and just spend some time every night working the charging handle, all set for tomorrow.

I really need to invest in one of those hi capacity charging handles. I've heard they can cut your charging time by up to 60%.

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    While watching the Olympic games on channel 13, during the break, the new shows would be popping up for after the games. Revolution is one of them. It showed that all electronic things gone from lights to airplanes dropping from the sky. Then you'd see people who were supposed to save the day were using primitive weapons, like the crossbow, and swords. No gun? Guns don't need electric to fire, as long as there is powder and primer in the cases, it'd go bang, right?

Yep, all day long. My guess for the primitive weapons is that there has been a 15 year laps between the event and setting of the show and all the ammo has been exhausted. It is almost inconceivable that even with the existing amount of ammo civilization could run out and there would still be that many people/animals living but I suppose it is possible.

It is after all make believe. Hopefully it is enjoyable. :popcorn:

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Maybe they passed a stupid gun law that rid the world of all fire arms? :crying:

It's just a movie... They are allowed to live in the fantasy world..

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte

Glock would be good in that situation because they are nuclear powered an don't need recharging. The bad thing is they have a tendency to meltdown.

e3516a3729ee57fea35261893187e7f7d6c2a5d3pjpg.jpg

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    15 years is a long time. Who among us has enough ammo on hand to continually have to fight off ruffians for that long? For that matter, powder, primers, shells and bullets?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Dupe thread, but...

I like the airplane in a flat spin, straight down, not nose down. If I am not mistaken, the nav lights are still on, but the laws of physics and aerodynamics have failed. Add that stupidity to the lack of firearms, although one muzzle loader is shown being fired, and this is a show I won't be watching.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom