• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Enthusiast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Thought I would offer my opinion on the RIA 1911 22TCM after it's 1st range visit.
    That thing is a hoot to shoot! SWEET! Still, I am more excited about the potential of this cartridge than I am the weapon that I shot it with. The pistol itself is OK but there are a few things I'd like to change on it in such as the front sight and the cheap looking rubber grips. I did have three failure to feeds out of 50 rounds with two of them being the spent case not extracting and the last one just getting stuck on the feed ramp. Hopefully, it is my bad since I didn't strip, clean and lube the weapon prior to 1st use as I normally do. Still in the 500 round break in period. Overall though, I see potential in this dwarf size .223 becoming popular for sport shooting and varmint hunting. I'm a happy camper!

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I picked up a used 9mm 22TCM combo pistol that someone did a lot of work to and it is a great gun. Never a failure in 200 rounds so far in 22TCM I have not tried it in 9mm yet. I would second that if you have a chance to get one buy it. It is a fun gun to shoot. Not sure if I would EDC it.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I have a Commander and full size TCM and have had 1 FTF out of a couple hundred rounds, that I think, was a hard primer. The TCM and my G-34 are my favorite pistols to shoot. IMHO the TCM is a GREAT cartridge and as you said a "hoot" to shoot..
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III mechanic [FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] --[/FONT]1911 Mechanic

Last edited:
    Top Bottom