• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wpmason

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    I don't think they're junk. Everything I've heard about RIA has been good. I don't own one though, but it's on my list of possibilities when my budget allows.

As for my personal opinion, I'd avoid the hi-cap (double stack mag) varieties simply because of the lack of parts interchangeability. They are slightly different than a traditional single stack 1911. I've got nothing against 1911's in 9mm, in fact that's what I'd lean towards for ammo consolidation (it'd just be a range piece), but the double stack ones give me pause. If you want to use it in competition, I'd seriously do some research into what parts are the same and which are different before getting one, since it might limit the future custom potential of it. There are plenty of perfectly good single stack 9mm 1911's around, RIA even makes some. That's the direction I'd go, but that's just me.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I will probably get the high capacity 9mm, too. The 22TCM combo actually. There are some in shops lately. Usds had one not long ago.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If they can use Para-Ordnance magazines, it's probably a cost-effective way to get a 24 shootin' 1911 to use in 3-gun,

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    No complaints with my 9MM/22TCM, in fact it's one of my favorite shooters. That would be my choice unless you want to spring for an STI.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Gunsite graduate[FONT=&quot] --[/FONT]Certified Glock armorer[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Certified pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] --[/FONT]1911 Mechanic[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I don't have a double stack 9mm RIA but I do have a single stack 9mm RIA and love it. Mine is the tactical version with Novak style sights. It's shot everything I've put in it.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Grips for the double stack's are hard to find the frame is cut for the trigger to slide in .The plastic grips have a filler to plug the slots on each side of the frame .

cjfarmer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2011
    Princeton, Indiana
    I was joking about it being junk.. guess i shoulda put it in purple.
    This thing is supposed to be ready to roll for competition. Has the magwell, combat hamer, skeletonized trigger, VZ grips,ambi safety and an extended beavertail.
    Here's a link for those who havent seen it: https://us.armscor.com/products/2011-high-capacity-tactical-9mm

I think my dealer said they cost him $577 or something like that. I'm shooting an M&P right now that i love, but there's just something about the 1911. This may fill the void for an entry level competition gun. It's just hard to let go of $2k + for an STI.

Top Bottom