• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    Anyone have any experience with Richards Microfit stocks? I'm looking at a dual purpose thumbhole for a 300 wsm hunting rifle for out west. Fit and finish. Trying to decide between that and a boyds featherweight thumbhole. I've held and shot the boyds stock but the microfit really appeals to me. Looking for opinions on either one. Thanks

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    Thanks for the info. Kinda what i was afraid of. I'm no gunsmith. Not looking for professional installation. Not afraid to do a little sanding, really looking for a "drop in". I'm not building a bench rifle. I'm thinking i should order the Boyds.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    update...Just got my Boyds featherweight thumbhole in pepper laminate for my savage model 16 in 300 wsm. Had stippling added for grip and upgraded the recoil pad. Fit was perfect out of the box. Finish is beautiful. Thanks for the advice.

kolob10

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Beautiful Southern Indiana
    If you are looking for utility, go with Boyds. They drop right in. If you are interested in fitting your stock inside and out, go with the Richards. I prefer the Richards selection over the Boyds. If you are handy in finishing the stock yourself or having someone else do it for you, Richards is the way to go. Never had a problem with Richards (had over a dozen). Boyds on the other hand has screwed up an order for me sending the wrong stock (wrong gun) and then refusing to refund my shipping charges to ship it back to them for replacement. I made several calls and finally gave up. I have three Boys stocks but have a tendency to steer clear due to poor customer service. I've read of poor customer service from Richards but I have never experienced it.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    Very happy with my choice on the boyds. Dropped right in. Passed the dollar bill test out of the box. I've looked it over pretty good and fit is excellent! Thanks for all the advice :ingo:
    IMG_20141130_072053_zpswbt5zf8n.jpg

IMG_20141130_072053_zpswbt5zf8n.jpg

Top Bottom