• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond
    HOKEY SMOKE! Truthfully, the reason I write , is maybe you will get some idea where auction values are headed in relation to the current market. One of the most asked question we all ask ,"did I pay to much" or " what is this worth?" Well, after today's sale, gleaning the sales data, fondling firearms, and buyer watching, the only thing I can say is-
    I'M TOTALLY AND UTTERLY CONFUSED AND MAGICALLY MIST-UH-FRIED.
    10 AM and the placed was crowded with 275-300 bidders. Started with 8mm milsurp ammo going for $4.00 a box, S&W holster and old military mag pouch for $5.00(me), so Im think'in this is going to be a good day. BA-BA BOOHY.GOOD DAY for the seller.

QUOTING RUSH: YOU PEOPLE...............
    A shinny new nickle COBRA 22 DERRENGER..PRICE:$325..MASS CHEEK BITING..PRICELESS
    Winchester 9mm 115gr 100ct.target/range..$30 a box...wallywoo..$19.95
    Taurus p-945 stainless no box gold highlites.......$600
    Starting to see a pattern yet? It is none of my business what a person pays for his pleasure, this was not"AUCTION FEVER", do some homework. Folk's I don't want to you to spend mucho money, I just love to see you buy guns.
    NO BUYERS PREMIUM.. Prices way-up, and a strong gun market may be time to sell.
    These auctioneers were very professional and the sale was well run from the check-in to the check-out. A GOOD TIME WAS HAD BY ALL.
    Christy's up next... SEE YA THERE>

Last edited:

csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    I was there. Last auction I took home 5 guns this time only 1. I did pick up some FMJ 38's for $12 a box, not bad. The gun I took home was a Colt King Cobra, Like new, bid $600 out the door was $652, not a steel, but not bad. Seemed to me the cheap stuff whet high and the higher end stuff seemed to be priced about right.

Last edited:

buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond
    I was looking at the 700 BDL CUSTOM DELUX-22-250. No roll engraved reciever, cheap scope and overall owner care was very poor. Before I could get my hand in the air, the price was over $600 and continued to climb.
    The 7mm 700ss went for a respectable $475, and was a nice gun.
    You can request a result list by calling the auction co.
    I WATCH Whittaker Guns website for 700 BDL's Bought 2 custom delux (223+25-06) in the last year paid under $475 each. Was there monday and they have a unfired nib 700sps 17 fireball for $459. used.

Last edited:

southern.in.guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    switzerland county
    I went to three gun auctions last year and the same thing was going on at these I didn't buy anything. most guns were selling for more than you could buy them new and the older guns were way to high to even get a bid in on them. I gave up on auctions altogether. I stick with buying from private sellers or my local gun shops.

Top Bottom