• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    What could possibly go wrong? :dunno: I'm surprised they actually pulled off the original explosion without blowing themselves up somehow.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    What could possibly go wrong? :dunno: I'm surprised they actually pulled off the original explosion without blowing themselves up somehow.

Unfortunately folks like this do often get "lucky" and pull this kind of crap off, and usually ends up killing innocent folks that had nothing to do with the original mess the perps were trying to clean up. :noway:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

"Normally the second question [life without parole] would be left to the jury as well, but Leonard on Tuesday morning waived his right to have a jury in the sentencing phase."

Heh. The jury took 2.5 hours to convict him of 53 counts. That's 2.8 minutes per count. I'm guessing his attorney was thinking the jury won't be too sympathetic to giving him less than life without parole and hopes the judge is a bit more lenient.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

I was at Richmond Hills shortly after the explosion, going through houses looking for injured people and then evacuating the neighborhood. I listened to the radio traffic of one of our detectives you could see one of the victims burning but couldn't get to them, and then the firefighters couldn't and he thought they were trapped, too. The fire was so hot I couldn't face the house from the opposite side of the street and walked sideways with my back to the fire to go from house to house.

I hope he gets the Hitler treatment in the afterlife:

[video=youtube;42oucm_lj50]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42oucm_lj50[/video]

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    That sucks man.... I hope you got some counseling for that stuff man... I assume you are a Copper? I remember my first really bad murder scene as a cop, I remember the name, address, age, details you name it... That will haunt me the rest of my life, not including Iraq or my time before the Corps... But I remember after PIE, Chief, Coroner, etc etc, we had a Lt show up talking **** about the scene, i.e. eating a snickers she's not going anywhere in a while etc, I lose my cool, with audio and video evidence (Muvi Pro 720P) I'm the bad guy... Piece of sh*t cops man, I hate em for the most part and I used to be one...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    That sucks man.... I hope you got some counseling for that stuff man... I assume you are a Copper? I remember my first really bad murder scene as a cop, I remember the name, address, age, details you name it... That will haunt me the rest of my life, not including Iraq or my time before the Corps... But I remember after PIE, Chief, Coroner, etc etc, we had a Lt show up talking **** about the scene, i.e. eating a snickers she's not going anywhere in a while etc, I lose my cool, with audio and video evidence (Muvi Pro 720P) I'm the bad guy... Piece of sh*t cops man, I hate em for the most part and I used to be one...

Yeah, currently a Robbery detective in Homicide & Robbeery. I don't even remember my first murder scene any more. I think it was the guy toe's up in his doorway in his boxers with a bunch of rounds in the face...but they all start to run together. I've been lead or assisting on so many people shot they don't affect me much unless they are kids. I'm pretty sure I remember every kid shot I've dealt with.

As far as the LT, I wasn't there but gallows humor is how a lot of cops deal with this sort of thing. I've stood over a suicide with a .357 discussing what Chinese restaurant to go to after the coroner sweeps up his skull. As long as it's just first responders without family or media around, that sort of thing is pretty common among cops, EMTs, FF, etc. You can't make everyone's tragedy your own, you'll go crazy.

...but, back to Richmond Hills, I remember that like it was yesterday. The first thought I had when I got there was "this is what Hell looks like". We had no idea it was an intentional act yet. We thought maybe a plane crash or something, it just didn't make sense. I've seen plenty of explosions in the military, but I've never seen fire like the aftermath of that. The height of the flames and the heat. It was more than your mind could wrap around at one time. I was on scene for probably half an hour before I realized it wasn't snowing and that it was insulation "snowing" down. The doors on the houses across the street were blown off the hinges, and the garage doors looked like they'd been hit with a giant sledge hammer. The over pressure was so intense, the first house I went in the 2nd floor ceiling had been blown down onto the beds and floors. I was just wearing my office attire, moving carefully over nail studded boards in my dress shoes, etc.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    BehindBlueI's, Lots of respect for what you guys do. Saw my share of it in the Marines, just not the same in civilian life.

Curious why or how it was such a large explosion? If they were going to destroy one house it doesn't seem like it had to be that massive.

Don

Top Bottom