• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Yesterday Rick Perry put another innocent man to death. And he said he has no trouble sleeping at night about it.

Steven Woods was wrongfully convicted and sentenced to death for capital murder under a law called the "Texas Law of Parties". This law states that if 2 (or more) people witness a murder, all of the people there can be charged, tried, and convicted for the murder. Texas' Law of parties does NOT require intent to be proven.

Texas executes prisoner for double murder even though another con confessed to the killings
    A man who was convicted for his involvement in the slayings of two people in north Texas was executed on Tuesday, even though an alleged accomplice admitted to the killings.Steven Michael Woods, 31, was convicted in the shooting and slashing of a young Dallas-area couple under a controversial Texas law that allows a defendant to be put to death for a murder someone else committed.
    Woods was given a lethal injection of drugs and pronounced dead at 6.22pm local time, said Michelle Lyons, a Texas Department of Criminal Justice spokeswoman.

Steven Woods: Innocent on Death Row

https://www.facebook.com/SaveSteven

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Remorseless monster

In another instance, Rick Perry executed an innocent man and then used his authority to mar the investigation. He canned the whole committee that was going to expose the faulty evidence used to convict Todd Willingham.

Cameron Todd Willingham: Wrongfully Convicted and Executed in Texas
    In 2009, an arson expert hired by the commission issued a report finding that experts who testified at Willingham’s trial should have known it was wrong at the time. Days before the expert was set to testify, however, Gov. Rick Perry replaced key members of the panel, delayed the investigation for months.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpSn6rh4USE

The Limited Government, Pro-Life Party

They enthusiastically applaud government executions. And they’re certain government is incompetent, except when it comes to bombing foreigners, torturing Muslims, and killing guilty people, in which cases government is always, 100 percent, how-dare-you-even-ask-questions correct.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocKFSLsZnUo

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    That's not true at all..... you still get a trial, regardless of your opinion what that trial is. I couldn't find where it said Rick Perry was the judge in the trial that made the sentence. And when did we start taking convicted felons word as gospel? Ever hear of a jail house snitch?

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Yesterday Rick Perry put another innocent man to death. And he said he has no trouble sleeping at night about it.

Steven Woods was wrongfully convicted and sentenced to death for capital murder under a law called the "Texas Law of Parties". This law states that if 2 (or more) people witness a murder, all of the people there can be charged, tried, and convicted for the murder. Texas' Law of parties does NOT require intent to be proven.

Steven Woods: Innocent on Death Row

https://www.facebook.com/SaveSteven

I'm not interested enough to do a ton of research so perhaps you could enlighten me on a single point.

Woods either went along to participate in a crime that got out of hand and ended up in the murder of two people, or he was totaly inoccent of any intent to participate in any sort of crime and he was totaly incocent of any wrong doing whatsoever. Which is it?

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Don't kill people in Texas, don't be with people killing people in Texas. They use the death penalty down there like I use toothpaste...every day. If you're going to be killing people then stay the EFF outta Texas.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    That's not true at all..... you still get a trial, regardless of your opinion what that trial is. I couldn't find where it said Rick Perry was the judge in the trial that made the sentence. And when did we start taking convicted felons word as gospel? Ever hear of a jail house snitch?

Ever hear of a crime of moral turpitude? I'd take the word of a convicted drunk driver over that of a stock broker convicted of defrauding their clients. Not all felonies involve moral turpitude. So what makes your word worth more than someone, though they may have been convicted of a crime, has not been found willing to defraud or otherwise commit an act out of evil intent?

I submit that nothing does.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kinda odd that the guy who admitted killing them gets life, and the guy who admits that he was there but didn't kill either party gets death. I see two options, both get life, or both get death... a sway to the latter.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    If he openly admited that he stood and watche someone get murdered and did nothing to try to stop it , he got what he deserved ....

Way to go Rick Job well done .:ingo:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I have significant issues with Rick Perry (those are perhaps left to another thread) and will not vote for him, and, if somehow he gets the nomination, would likely work for any 3rd party presidential candidate.

But, on the capital punishment issue, each state can do it how they want (within certain parameters). Texas' death penalties are commonly reviewed by the US Supreme Court, so if there was a constitutional problem, these would have been stopped.

That's the system we have. Best one in the world, so far.

Now, in terms of the one guy getting life and the other getting executed, it isn't hard for me to morally resolve at all. The guy who got life, either by luck or design, is getting off easy.

Keep in mind, it is not hard to imagine a scenario where the friend who beat the death sentence decides to try to help his buddy by admitting to be the shooter, when he cannot be re-sentenced. Inmates never lie.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    If he openly admited that he stood and watche someone get murdered and did nothing to try to stop it , he got what he deserved ....

Way to go Rick Job well done .:ingo:

+1, if you are part of a crime that results in a murder, thats on you buddy. Maybe you shouldnt be commiting crimes and be better judge of charachter on those you associate with.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Ever hear of a crime of moral turpitude? I'd take the word of a convicted drunk driver over that of a stock broker convicted of defrauding their clients. Not all felonies involve moral turpitude. So what makes your word worth more than someone, though they may have been convicted of a crime, has not been found willing to defraud or otherwise commit an act out of evil intent?

I submit that nothing does.

I think thats an argument just for the sake of arguing.

That doesn't mean everyone outside of the group of already found guilty convics are trust worthy.....Sorry I don't trust criminals.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Wow - Perry should have just looked at that awesome poster! So convincing, it must be true! Why, oh why didn't anyone show it to him?

p6uPq.jpga

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Not a Perry fan, but.....

So, there are witnesses, who have nothing to gain, who he bragged to about the killing, but they're lying? A death row inmate, claims his innocence, to save his neck, but he's telling the truth? What must it be like to live in the upside down Rambone world?

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Not a Perry fan, but.....

So, there are witnesses, who have nothing to gain, who he bragged to about the killing, but they're lying? A death row inmate, claims his innocence, to save his neck, but he's telling the truth? What must it be like to live in the upside down Rambone world?

The jack-boots would stomp on your feet, or something :dunno:

But seriously, also NOT a Perry fan :noway:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Really a non-issue. No compelling evidence to contradict the conviction. No reason to set aside the sentence. Not only don't murder anyone in Texas, don't do anything that'll get you sent to prison there. I flew some members of the Texas Prison Commission around to various prisons in Central Texas in the early 80's; had a couple meals inside. It was depressing enough to be there at all, much less be there as a prisoner. No thanks.

I'm not enthusiastic about Perry, but I'll vote for Ron Paul before I'll vote for Obama (or his replacement, if any).

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Texas politics are like any other state's (except moreso, if you ask a Texan!). It's pretty easy to find pros and cons for any gubernatorial position, and death penalty cases are more likely than most to be argued over after-the-fact. In point of fact, once a person has been convicted and sentenced in a death penalty case, not much other than positive/negative ID DNA evidence is going to keep that person from execution.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom