• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Thanks for posting this. I had no idea. I feel the GOP is really weak and full of posers right now.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Thanks for posting this. I had no idea. I feel the GOP is really weak and full of posers right now.

Right now? The Republican Party has been packed full of neo-cons since the Reagan era. Bush 41 was a neo-con and was part of Reagan's administration.

The Republicans are one in the same with the Democrats. There might be a few minor social issues that differ between, say Bush and Obama... but they are more similar than dissimilar. Bush gave us bails outs and the Patriot Act, Obama has continued them.

I vowed not to vote last time around because;

1) I hate the two party system
    2) I can't stand voting for a "lesser evil" when in reality the evil isn't any less (McCain)

I broke down and voted at the last minute for McCain only to cast a vote against Obama... And I've felt dirty since.

If the Republicans run another RINO (aka neo-con) I'm setting the election out no matter how badly it pains me. I'm fed up with this government, I mean really fed up.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    As I recall the general thinking was the Bush 41 was forced on Reagan to make him more accepted by the establishment GOP members. He was seen as "too conservative" so they needed one of the country club set to keep an eye on him.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    As I recall the general thinking was the Bush 41 was forced on Reagan to make him more accepted by the establishment GOP members. He was seen as "too conservative" so they needed one of the country club set to keep an eye on him.
    He should have bucked the Establishment right then and there.

Octomonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Markle
    It looks like Ron Paul was correct in saying "he's just another establishment candidate who'll dilute the votes of the rest of the field."

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The only reason he is doing well in the polls is because he's NOT Romney. The voters are waiting for a TRUE CONSERVATIVE.

Palin 2012
    Yeah! Give us the woman who had her hand out to the feds for just as much money as she could get. What she's really good at is spouting off one liners that get sucked up by the crowds to whom one liners sound like intelligence. She's the last thing we need in this country and even the gop base doesn't want her.

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    A politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician is a politician.

They all suck, we just need one that sucks less. :patriot:

Bitter Clinger

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    Florida
    Yeah! Give us the woman who had her hand out to the feds for just as much money as she could get. What she's really good at is spouting off one liners that get sucked up by the crowds to whom one liners sound like intelligence. She's the last thing we need in this country and even the gop base doesn't want her.

You are either privy to information that I don't have, or you are believing the media. If the Governor declares her candidacy, you will see her jump to the lead in the polls. She already is ahead of most of the candidates.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Liberal Rick Perry

Nice compilation.

This guy makes mcAmnesty look tough on illegals. Not to mention his hatred for women and young ladies. :xmad::xmad::xmad:

Thanks for the info....I wonder why TX (R) keep voting him in? Or are the (D) voting for him....somebody keeps voting for him so he must be doing something TX likes,......??? I may have to google up what % of D an R are voting for him.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    You are either privy to information that I don't have, or you are believing the media. If the Governor declares her candidacy, you will see her jump to the lead in the polls. She already is ahead of most of the candidates.
    In another thread you decried the polls, (from a conservative news agency) that showed that gop voters don't want Palin. Now you say there are polls that show her in the lead. Either polls are trustworthy or they aren't. Make up your mind. As for her earmark requests while governor, apparently you suffer from selective blindness. Google is your friend.
    Nation & World | Palin's earmark requests: more per person than any other state | Seattle Times Newspaper
    Setting The Record: Palin's Earmarks - CBS News
    Palin Earmarks | McCain wrong on Palin earmarks - Los Angeles Times

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    It looks like Ron Paul was correct in saying "he's just another establishment candidate who'll dilute the votes of the rest of the field."

ronp_dees.jpg

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I couldn't find the % of (R) an (D) that voted for Perry. I did find out he is very Pro-Life, A+ for Guns by the NRA, is freinds with Ted Nugent. Does not agree with the 16th an 17th ammendments which gives Congress the right to tax an spend all they want. So it comes down to TX liking more of what he stood for than they did the (D) candidate...with what ever they were selling....?

Bitter Clinger

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    Florida
    In another thread you decried the polls, (from a conservative news agency) that showed that gop voters don't want Palin. Now you say there are polls that show her in the lead. Either polls are trustworthy or they aren't. Make up your mind. As for her earmark requests while governor, apparently you suffer from selective blindness. Google is your friend.
    Nation & World | Palin's earmark requests: more per person than any other state | Seattle Times Newspaper
    Setting The Record: Palin's Earmarks - CBS News
    Palin Earmarks | McCain wrong on Palin earmarks - Los Angeles Times

You sir suffer from selective reading. If you read further in the article you cited, it mentioned the $1200 check the Governor secured for every single Alaskan. That money didn't come from Washington - it was revenue from the hard nosed deal the Governor cut with big oil. She stood up to the corporations and got Alaska a fair price to harvest their resources (which, according to the Alaskan constitution, belong to every Alaskan citizen). No "crony capitalism" pandering to special interests with Governor Palin.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    You sir suffer from selective reading. If you read further in the article you cited, it mentioned the $1200 check the Governor secured for every single Alaskan. That money didn't come from Washington - it was revenue from the hard nosed deal the Governor cut with big oil. She stood up to the corporations and got Alaska a fair price to harvest their resources (which, according to the Alaskan constitution, belong to every Alaskan citizen). No "crony capitalism" pandering to special interests with Governor Palin.

Now when you say "secured," i think you mean "owed"

from wiki: "The Alaska Permanent Fund is a constitutionally established permanent fund, managed by a semi-independent corporation, established by Alaska in 1976, primarily by the efforts of then Governor Jay Hammond. Shortly after the oil from Alaska’s North Slope began flowing to market through the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System, the Permanent Fund was created by an amendment to the Alaska Constitution to be an investment for at least 25% of proceeds from some mineral (such as oil and gas) sales or royalties."

Please note: Palin wasnt governor in 1976

Top Bottom