Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    More Rick Santorum Quotes

The New Republic

Liberalism causes child molestation:
    “Priests, like all of us, are affected by culture. When the culture is sick, every element in it becomes infected. While it is no excuse for this scandal, it is no surprise that Boston, a seat of academic, political, and cultural liberalism in America, lies at the center of the storm.”

Same sex marriage is like bestiality:
    “In every society, the definition of marriage has not ever to my knowledge included homosexuality. That's not to pick on homosexuality. It's not, you know, man on child, man on dog, or whatever the case may be. It is one thing. And when you destroy that you have a dramatic impact on the quality...”

Banning gay marriage is like 9/11 crisis:
    “This is an issue just like 9/11. We didn't decide we wanted to fight the war on terrorism because we wanted to. It was brought to us. And if not now, when? When the supreme courts in all the other states have succumbed to the Massachusetts version of the law?”

Banning gay marriage us ultimate homeland security:

“I would argue that the future of America hangs in the balance, because the future of the family hangs in the balance. Isn't that the ultimate homeland security, standing up and defending marriage?”

Iraq is like Mordor:
    “As the hobbits are going up Mount Doom, the eye of Mordor is being drawn somewhere else. It's being drawn to Iraq. You know what? I want to keep it on Iraq. I don't want the eye to come back to the United States.”

Contraception is a license to have sex:
    “Many of the Christian faith have said, well, that’s okay, contraception is okay. It’s not okay. It’s a license to do things in a sexual realm that is counter to how things are supposed to be.”

On Obama’s pro-choice stance:
    “I find it almost remarkable for a black man to say ‘now we are going to decide who are people and who are not people.’”

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Santorum advocated federally-mandated ethanol vehicles (2008)

"What we need is a government mandate! We need to mandate that all cars sold in the United States, starting with the 2010 model year, be 'flex-fuel vehicles' - that is, they should be able to run on a blend that is 85 percent ethanol and 15 percent gasoline (the so-called E85 blend), or even a coal-derived methanol/gas mixture. This mandate would cost a fraction of the new fuel economy standard with the added benefit of saving barrels more oil."

-- Rick Santorum, 1/31/2008, (source)

Santorum's article: "Reducing U.S. oil appetite: This is one cause that could be helped by smart mandates and taxing."

Top Bottom