• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Rick Santorum has been wishy-washy on gun rights, just like he has been wishy-washy on capitalism, freedom, obeying the constitution, opposing Big Government, being fiscally conservative, etc. For a look at the rest of his record, go here.

On gun rights, Santorum helped crack down on gun shows, supported Lautenberg's anti-gun legislation, mandated handgun locks, and supports pro-establishment anti-gun candidates.

On top of what is mentioned in this article, he voted to create a new Federal agency, the Travel Security Agency (TSA), whose sole job is to set up checkpoints and disarm American citizens. That's the exact opposite of a constitutional, pro-gun stance.

Rick Santorum's anti-gun history
    In the 90s, he voted to support the Lautenberg Gun Ban, which stripped law-abiding gun owners of their Second Amendment rights for life, simply because they spanked their children or did nothing more than grab a spouses wrist.

He voted for a bill in 1999 disguised as an attempt to increase penalties on drug traffickers with guns… but it also included a provision to require federal background checks at gun shows.

And then he voted with gun-controlling Democrats Dianne Fienstein and Frank Lautenberg to mandate locks on handguns in 2005.

But worst of all, Rick Santorum has a storied history of bailing out anti-gun Republicans facing reelection.

Rick Santorum came to anti-gun Arlen Specter’s defense in 2004 when he was down in the polls against pro-gun Republican Pat Toomey. Specter won and continued to push for gun control during his years in the Senate.

He also supported and openly campaigned for anti-gun New Jersey governor, Christine Todd Whitman.

The evidence is clear. Not only is Rick Santorum refusing to reveal where he stands on important Second Amendment issues, he has a long record of supporting anti-gun legislation and politicians.
    Pro-gun group goes after Rick Santorum for not completing its survey, launches robo-calls
    An uncompromising gun rights organization, which previously attacked Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich, is now going after his Republican rival, Rick Santorum.

The National Association for Gun Rights launched robo-calls against Santorum this weekend, after publishing an anti-Santorum letter on its website last week. The group says Santorum never filled out its survey, and claims he has a “long history of supporting gun control.”

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Ok, I'll throw the ball back- what's the spin on the Iowa pheasant hunt with the orange NRA hat?

Did it look anything like this? =)

john-kerry-hunting-4.jpg

Just saying.... people will do/say lots of things come election year.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    i dunno, hes suppossed to be the most conservative candidate remaining. well, ron paul may technically be more conservative, but he has no chance, because of his weirdness.

i dont think background checks are a bad thing, and maybe the anti gun people he supported had other redeaming qualities (or were the lesser of two evils). when someone has a long history in politics you can always pick and choose facts. how many pro gun candidates did he endorse, for example?

maybe your right. but i need more proof than that to believe he is really anti guns. i have no problem with gun control for criminals. obviously we need better gun control for the mentally ill (cite jared laughner). as long as law abiding citizens have guns, and criminals have a difficult time obtaining them, then thats the best we can do imo.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    i dunno, hes suppossed to be the most conservative candidate remaining. well, ron paul may technically be more conservative, but he has no chance, because of his weirdness.

i dont think background checks are a bad thing, and maybe the anti gun people he supported had other redeaming qualities (or were the lesser of two evils). when someone has a long history in politics you can always pick and choose facts. how many pro gun candidates did he endorse, for example?

maybe your right. but i need more proof than that to believe he is really anti guns. i have no problem with gun control for criminals. obviously we need better gun control for the mentally ill (cite jared laughner). as long as law abiding citizens have guns, and criminals have a difficult time obtaining them, then thats the best we can do imo.

Have you ever heard of Chicago? It's supposed to be impossible for criminals to obtain handguns, yet they lead the nation in murders every year. How does that happen?

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    What is a back ground check really checking? If it is looking for current arrest warrants then it might have value. It would violate the 4th amendment in that case I think.

If it is looking for a convicted felon who is known to be "legally" out of jail then my opinion is this: Anyone deemed too dangerous to have a gun is too dangerous to be allowed out of prison. They can just as easily kill with a knife, baseball bat, car, etc...So background checks either violate our 4th amendment rights or they are a poor attempt to plug a hole in the criminal justice system.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    What is a back ground check really checking? If it is looking for current arrest warrants then it might have value. It would violate the 4th amendment in that case I think.

If it is looking for a convicted felon who is known to be "legally" out of jail then my opinion is this: Anyone deemed too dangerous to have a gun is too dangerous to be allowed out of prison. They can just as easily kill with a knife, baseball bat, car, etc...So background checks either violate our 4th amendment rights or they are a poor attempt to plug a hole in the criminal justice system.

It would probably be the same background check run when you purchase a gun through an FFL.

Top Bottom